LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LR vs. Camburg UCA

Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #21
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Sorry, to add to what I was saying earlier, the icon billet arms have adjustable rod ends which means you can get more clearance out of them than anything else, because no one else (that I know of) has that feature. That's the route I'm taking and we'll see how it goes. Now just to find some billet UCA's for cheap!
The only kind of adjustment you can make to increase tire clearance is to maximize caster with the LCA cams (pushes the tire forward), then use the UCA adjusters to bring camber back in line. You can do this with the LR UCAs, too.

If your area sees road salt, non-stainless rod ends will rust and seize after a year. Stainless rod ends are about $200 for a set of four, so I'm not sure if Icon uses them. (Only the 1" uniball is advertised as stainless.) Don't want this to happen:

Old 11-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #22
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Man, all you guys with road salt. I had never heard of that before this forum. And you'd think in Alaska we'd use something like that. Just good old fashioned gravel for us.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The salt lowers the melting point of snow to about 0 deg F, so it's useful for most parts of northern US and southern Canada. If your temps are consistently below 0 deg F, the salt doesn't do anything.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #24
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, and we have good stretches of those temperatures up here. I'm curious to see if my ultragauge will display negative temps on the intake temperature.