Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME lift kit, anything else I might need?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Imageoguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Antoine
Imageoguy's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift kit, anything else I might need?

Hi, I just ordered a complete OME kit for my 2012 DCab 4x4 consisting of:

2X 885 front springs
2X 9000 Shocks
2X CS047R Leaf spring pack
2X N182 Shocks
4X OMEU53A Ubolts
1X fit kit FK29

Anything else I should consider for this lift kit? I heard lots of people also buy LR UCA's, are they worth it?

I'm also planning on going 265/75/16 on tires. I'll probably build a sled deck in which case I might add an airbag system. I'll see how the Dakkars perform first with having about 1100 lbs in the bed...
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageoguy View Post
Hi, I just ordered a complete OME kit for my 2012 DCab 4x4 consisting of:

2X 885 front springs
2X 9000 Shocks
2X CS047R Leaf spring pack
2X N182 Shocks
4X OMEU53A Ubolts
1X fit kit FK29

Anything else I should consider for this lift kit? I heard lots of people also buy LR UCA's, are they worth it?

I'm also planning on going 265/75/16 on tires. I'll probably build a sled deck in which case I might add an airbag system. I'll see how the Dakkars perform first with having about 1100 lbs in the bed...
33's and an OME trim packer
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Get centre pin collars for the Dakars

Get the OME 5mm trim packer to combat driver's side lean

You may want to consider the d29xl OME AAL if you plan on hauling 1100lbs in the bed

Get the LR UCA's
Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, new UCA's would be recommended since you will get almost 3" in lift on the front. LR is a good UCA go to with. The rear..one thing i thought of adding would be extended break lines since your replacing the leaf pack instead of just adding AAL.(not sure if needed tho)
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
Thanks guys, will get the LR UCA's and center pin collars, what thickness do you recommend? I presume the collars are just preventive if I ever need to add shims?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageoguy View Post
Thanks guys, will get the LR UCA's and center pin collars, what thickness do you recommend? I presume the collars are just preventive if I ever need to add shims?
They are generally about 5/16" tall , and yes , they are in case you need to add axle shims later
Old 11-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
And don't forget the 5mm trim packer
Old 11-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
And don't forget the 5mm trim packer
Yup, will do!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:05 AM   #9
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
Who did you order from?
Old 11-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodog View Post
Who did you order from?
What ?
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodog View Post
Who did you order from?
ARB in Montreal (info@ouipack.com) Got the items I listed on top for $ 1080.00 + Tx. I went to pick them up at their warehouse so I didn't have to pay for shipping. I'll probably order the UCA's from FAT Bob's, they seem to have the best price.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCAs for $375 shipped if you order tomorrow http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/met...ls-2012-a.html
Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
LR UCAs for $375 shipped if you order tomorrow http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/met...ls-2012-a.html
I stand corrected. Those guys seem to have the best price
Old 08-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #16
My drinking team has a wheeling problem
V5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shedV5ioV is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: V5ioV
V5ioV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Get centre pin collars for the Dakars

Get the OME 5mm trim packer to combat driver's side lean

You may want to consider the d29xl OME AAL if you plan on hauling 1100lbs in the bed

Get the LR UCA's
i want to do aal on my dakars as well…. i cut the center bolt to be able to fit the stock bump stop….. do you know the part # or specs for the center bolt i need?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #17
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V5ioV View Post
i want to do aal on my dakars as well…. i cut the center bolt to be able to fit the stock bump stop….. do you know the part # or specs for the center bolt i need?
Why didn't you just drill the bump stop out?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #19
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This could be them:

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...afs_p_143.html

Quote:
the grinder was closer
hmmm