Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein1.75 with rear air bags

Old 11-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Tnorm is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Tnorm's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein1.75 with rear air bags

Hey TW, this is my first post. I have a 07 DCLB TRD Sport 2wd and I'm putting Billy's on all four, with the front at 1.75. I tow a 5000# trailer on occasion and was planning on a Wheelers 1.5 AAL. I don't have the rear TSB, and don't want to be nose high. Can I install Firestone ride right 2047 air bags instead of the AAL, to level the ride, or would I need both the AAL and air bags?Also, are the standard rear 5100's recommend with this set up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
I can only speak from experience with 4wd DCSB, but AirLift airbags and 5100's set at zero have been a winning combination.
How is your rear leaf without the trailer?
You have spring or is it toast?
The AAL is not going to compensate for dead leafs, especially with a trailer.
My airbags are nice because you can air down when you want and obviously, air up for a load.
I do not think pre-loading the front, especially just for looks, is a good idea.
It decreases the spring's effectiveness.