Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

tires are rubbing a little

Old 11-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
bigmac2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: ethan
bigmac2012's Tacoma Gallery
tires are rubbing a little

Just bought my first tacoma about 2 weeks ago and put brand new rims and 265/70/17 all terrain tires on it, but they tend to rub a little when i turn. any suggestion to what i should do, possibly thinking about lifting it anyways for the looks, but i dont wnat to put new tires on it. thanks
Old 11-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the rub?

and

Do you have a lift?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Cut off what rubs
Old 11-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
no lift yet but i have some money saved up to get one.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Where are they rubbing?

Even at full stuff I never got my 265/75/16s to rub.....
Old 11-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Have 265/75-16 BFG's which would be basically the identical size as yours. I have a little rubbing on the inside of my front right mud flap when the wheel is cut hard right, and I even have Eibachs up front for about 1.6" of lift.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
OP is a first gen, so comparisons to second gen tire sizes and rubbing are not relevant.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Cut off what rubs
This.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #10
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
OP is a first gen, so comparisons to second gen tire sizes and rubbing are not relevant.
1st gen indeed. My bad.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #11
yea its just when i cut it hard, how big of a lift could i put on it with theses tires without looking weird.