1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toytech 3inch lift help

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by SkeeterBilt, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Nov 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner DC LB TRD Zombie Response Team
    Black Satoshi Grill, Blacked Out Head Lights & Fog lights, Tint, Vent Visors, Shaved Emblems, Oil Catch Can, Ipod Hookup to Stock Head Unit, Sony Speakers, TRD Seat Covers, Xtra D-Rings and Other Small Things.... Lift and more to come
    So I know there are 1747823 thread on this, but I know more about lowering trucks than lifting so I need some input on this. I've done a lot of looking around and reading but I want a mild 2-3 inch lift for my 07 2wd double cab long bed with p265/65 tires up front on stock rims. Im not gonna be a rock crawler but a desert runner and not gonna have a 2000lb bumper up front, not gonna be hauling a lot of heavy stuff often in the bed either.
    I thinking of goin with toytec.coms 3" Lift with front coils & rear options for $299. I've read to stay away from just spacers up. There are a few different options on that kit so if I do the standard 884 coils with the top spacer and 2 inch add-a-leaf would that work? That's the part I need help with.
    I need some insight, not a flame thread or drop the 3000 bucks and get this kit.
    Thanks guys

2. Nov 25, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Black Satoshi Grill, Blacked Out Head Lights & Fog lights, Tint, Vent Visors, Shaved Emblems, Oil Catch Can, Ipod Hookup to Stock Head Unit, Sony Speakers, TRD Seat Covers, Xtra D-Rings and Other Small Things.... Lift and more to come
    thanks matt. thats the kinda lift i want. not too high but nice. since im a prerunner i sit kinda high now.
    old pic but you get the idea

2012-10-0417.36.21.jpg

3. Nov 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    do i need new struts? i like the look of that guys truck. right now the truck has the yellow blistien toyota struts up front

4. Nov 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    heres what i have
    look like the Bilstein Shocks off toytac but i may be wrong shock.jpg

5. Nov 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    ok so i need these 5100s and the kit? or can i just buy these and a set of AAL and lift the truck 2-3inchs?

6. Nov 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    think im gonna do a OME Front coil -885 with no top spacer and 5100 bilstein Shocks and toytecs 2inch AAL.
    with the EMU coild and bilistein shocks i should be able to get 3 inchs and with shippin itll be 500 bucks
    what do we think?

7. Nov 27, 2012 at 1:54 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    I think the stock rear shocks will be too short with an AAL.
    Spend a little more and get the OME lift kit with 885s four new shocks & an AAL. 885s will get you 2.5" without spacers & are designed to pair with OME shocks.
    Dont forget your TW discount. You can also check with Down South Motorsports for pricing.

8. Nov 27, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    Deadcrowm

Deadcrowm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Ventura County
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD
    Camper shell, bed kit, tires
    What's a 2000lb bumper look like? :D

9. Nov 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    its huge, a bumper with a motorcycle on it and lights and winches and pirate flags

10. Nov 27, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    Deadcrowm

Deadcrowm Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Ventura County
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 TRD
    Camper shell, bed kit, tires
    :laughing:

11. Nov 27, 2012 at 3:03 PM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    If you have a prerunner, which you do, in my opinion the only way to go is spindles. I know this is a bit more $$$, but in the long run you will be much happier.

All the coils will do is push you up a bit, stiffen the ride, and rob you of down travel. With spindles you can leave everything stock. For the rear you could do a 1.5 AAL or 1.5" blocks. Both are not the best methods of lifting the rear, but do so at a very affordable price. You go over 1.5" you will def need new shocks. Another affordable alternative is Icon progressive multi pack which also provide 1.5" lift. This will actually improve your ride in the back but take a bit from your load carrying capabilities.

As for cost for the above, worse case you’re looking at $511 for spindles (Maxtrac) and $199 for Icon AAL for a grand total of $710. This set up will raise you 3.75" up front and 1.5 in the back.

Best of luck

12. Nov 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM
    SkeeterBilt

SkeeterBilt [OP] Zombie

Member:
    First Name:
    Skeeter
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    thanks mr salty, this is the stuff i want to see, differnt options

Products Discussed in

To Top