Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytech 3inch lift help

Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
Toytech 3inch lift help

So I know there are 1747823 thread on this, but I know more about lowering trucks than lifting so I need some input on this. I've done a lot of looking around and reading but I want a mild 2-3 inch lift for my 07 2wd double cab long bed with p265/65 tires up front on stock rims. Im not gonna be a rock crawler but a desert runner and not gonna have a 2000lb bumper up front, not gonna be hauling a lot of heavy stuff often in the bed either.
I thinking of goin with toytec.coms 3" Lift with front coils & rear options for $299. I've read to stay away from just spacers up. There are a few different options on that kit so if I do the standard 884 coils with the top spacer and 2 inch add-a-leaf would that work? That's the part I need help with.
I need some insight, not a flame thread or drop the 3000 bucks and get this kit.
Thanks guys
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 11-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks matt. thats the kinda lift i want. not too high but nice. since im a prerunner i sit kinda high now.
old pic but you get the idea
Attached Thumbnails
Toytech 3inch lift help-2012-10-0417.36.21.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Zombie

do i need new struts? i like the look of that guys truck. right now the truck has the yellow blistien toyota struts up front
Old 11-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Zombie

heres what i have
look like the Bilstein Shocks off toytac but i may be wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Toytech 3inch lift help-shock.jpg  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #5
Zombie

ok so i need these 5100s and the kit? or can i just buy these and a set of AAL and lift the truck 2-3inchs?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #6
Zombie

think im gonna do a OME Front coil -885 with no top spacer and 5100 bilstein Shocks and toytecs 2inch AAL.
with the EMU coild and bilistein shocks i should be able to get 3 inchs and with shippin itll be 500 bucks
what do we think?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:54 AM   #7
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
I think the stock rear shocks will be too short with an AAL.
Spend a little more and get the OME lift kit with 885s four new shocks & an AAL.
885s will get you 2.5" without spacers & are designed to pair with OME shocks.
Dont forget your TW discount. You can also check with Down South Motorsports for pricing.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
What's a 2000lb bumper look like?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadcrowm View Post
What's a 2000lb bumper look like?
its huge, a bumper with a motorcycle on it and lights and winches and pirate flags
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterBilt View Post
its huge, a bumper with a motorcycle on it and lights and winches and pirate flags
Old 11-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a prerunner, which you do, in my opinion the only way to go is spindles. I know this is a bit more $$$, but in the long run you will be much happier.

All the coils will do is push you up a bit, stiffen the ride, and rob you of down travel. With spindles you can leave everything stock. For the rear you could do a 1.5 AAL or 1.5" blocks. Both are not the best methods of lifting the rear, but do so at a very affordable price. You go over 1.5" you will def need new shocks. Another affordable alternative is Icon progressive multi pack which also provide 1.5" lift. This will actually improve your ride in the back but take a bit from your load carrying capabilities.

As for cost for the above, worse case you’re looking at $511 for spindles (Maxtrac) and $199 for Icon AAL for a grand total of $710. This set up will raise you 3.75" up front and 1.5 in the back.

Best of luck
Old 11-27-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
If you have a prerunner, which you do, in my opinion the only way to go is spindles. I know this is a bit more $$$, but in the long run you will be much happier.

All the coils will do is push you up a bit, stiffen the ride, and rob you of down travel. With spindles you can leave everything stock. For the rear you could do a 1.5 AAL or 1.5" blocks. Both are not the best methods of lifting the rear, but do so at a very affordable price. You go over 1.5" you will def need new shocks. Another affordable alternative is Icon progressive multi pack which also provide 1.5" lift. This will actually improve your ride in the back but take a bit from your load carrying capabilities.

As for cost for the above, worse case you’re looking at $511 for spindles (Maxtrac) and $199 for Icon AAL for a grand total of $710. This set up will raise you 3.75" up front and 1.5 in the back.

Best of luck
thanks mr salty, this is the stuff i want to see, differnt options