1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Donahoe C/O's to level?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mttomb, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Aug 14, 2007 at 5:11 PM
    mttomb

mttomb [OP] Member

Member:
    From anything I've read Donahoes seem to to the favorites of most Tacoma owners. There diffenately expensive but if there as good as everyone claims thats the way I going. One more question, could a guy just use the Donahoe coil-over's up front and nothing in the rear to "level" the truck? Like I said I don't want to lose the stock ride quality. Money? Hey you only live once!

2. Aug 15, 2007 at 12:26 AM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Sure, I don't see why not. I use SAWs up front and left mine stock in the rear.

3. Sep 2, 2007 at 1:29 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    I found there are applications for King Racing Shock Coilovers and Donny's..I dont know much about the Donny's..but Kings are adjustable..2.5" i believe is the application for our taco..and from what I have heard..theyre solid..very solid..

I am looking for the same thing with my Tacoma..I wanna get a "pre runner" look with my front just a tad (nothing crazy) higher than rear..i will leave the back alone..as I dont want it any higher..just want the front higher and people are saying that Kings or Donny's are a real solid setup..question is..do I have to get aftermarket wheels due to the offset? anyone know?

4. Sep 2, 2007 at 2:59 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    What offset are you referring to? The front will only be about 2.5" higher.

5. Sep 2, 2007 at 4:52 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    Tires rubbing using stock wheels..i dont want any rub if i go off road..thats no good..

I had heard that if u "level" the truck with a shock spacer or coilovers u can keep the stock wheels but might have some rub..i just want to achieve my pre runner look while using the biggest tire i can fit without rub..

6. Sep 2, 2007 at 5:03 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Why would stock wheels rub if you're only going to lift the front? You mean rub the control arms? They'll only rub if you change to a larger tire. You aren't changing the size of your tires and/or rims so youi should not have any rubbing issues at all. Maybe I'm missing something here? :confused:

7. Sep 2, 2007 at 5:16 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Ya i would want to add larger size tires to accomodate the new front lift..my friends sister has it done to her 07 Access Cab..it looks awesome..great pre runner look..but she says that the tires rub a bit..

she uses her stock wheels..and all she installed were Daystar Shock Spacers..which i think gave her the 2.5 in lift..and yes..i said it wrong..i said wheels rubbing..that was a mistake..i meant to say tires rubbing..sorry for the mishap..hehehe

8. Sep 2, 2007 at 9:16 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    You may have to use wheels that are offset, if you goto a bigger tire. But you usually dont have a choice. My wheels are offset, but it was not an option. Wider wheels will always be offset.

But it all depends on your tires, not the lift.

9. Sep 3, 2007 at 10:52 AM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    Thats probably what I will do..if anyone knows the dimensions of the wheels and tires that I need to go along with a 3" Front lift..please let me know so I can write it down and have it for reference..I would like to run the biggest tires possible ..so please pair it with the right size wheel..

10. Sep 3, 2007 at 12:58 PM
    reid

reid Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 Access Cab
    Magna Flow stainless cat-back, 3" Toytec Lift, 32" Mickey Thompsons
    My 32"tires are on 17" x 8" wheels. I think with 33"tires you will have to go with 9" or 9.5" wheels. But not totally sure. Your tire/ wheels shop will know.

Products Discussed in

To Top