LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Donahoe C/O's to level?

Old 08-14-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
mttomb is on a distinguished road
mttomb's Tacoma Gallery
Donahoe C/O's to level?

From anything I've read Donahoes seem to to the favorites of most Tacoma owners. There diffenately expensive but if there as good as everyone claims thats the way I going. One more question, could a guy just use the Donahoe coil-over's up front and nothing in the rear to "level" the truck? Like I said I don't want to lose the stock ride quality. Money? Hey you only live once!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Sure, I don't see why not. I use SAWs up front and left mine stock in the rear.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
I found there are applications for King Racing Shock Coilovers and Donny's..I dont know much about the Donny's..but Kings are adjustable..2.5" i believe is the application for our taco..and from what I have heard..theyre solid..very solid..

I am looking for the same thing with my Tacoma..I wanna get a "pre runner" look with my front just a tad (nothing crazy) higher than rear..i will leave the back alone..as I dont want it any higher..just want the front higher and people are saying that Kings or Donny's are a real solid setup..question is..do I have to get aftermarket wheels due to the offset? anyone know?
Old 09-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What offset are you referring to? The front will only be about 2.5" higher.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:52 PM   #5

Tires rubbing using stock wheels..i dont want any rub if i go off road..thats no good..

I had heard that if u "level" the truck with a shock spacer or coilovers u can keep the stock wheels but might have some rub..i just want to achieve my pre runner look while using the biggest tire i can fit without rub..
Old 09-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
bite me

Why would stock wheels rub if you're only going to lift the front? You mean rub the control arms? They'll only rub if you change to a larger tire. You aren't changing the size of your tires and/or rims so youi should not have any rubbing issues at all. Maybe I'm missing something here?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #7

Ya i would want to add larger size tires to accomodate the new front lift..my friends sister has it done to her 07 Access Cab..it looks awesome..great pre runner look..but she says that the tires rub a bit..

she uses her stock wheels..and all she installed were Daystar Shock Spacers..which i think gave her the 2.5 in lift..and yes..i said it wrong..i said wheels rubbing..that was a mistake..i meant to say tires rubbing..sorry for the mishap..hehehe
Old 09-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #8
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
You may have to use wheels that are offset, if you goto a bigger tire. But you usually dont have a choice. My wheels are offset, but it was not an option. Wider wheels will always be offset.

But it all depends on your tires, not the lift.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #9

Thats probably what I will do..if anyone knows the dimensions of the wheels and tires that I need to go along with a 3" Front lift..please let me know so I can write it down and have it for reference..I would like to run the biggest tires possible ..so please pair it with the right size wheel..
Old 09-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
My 32"tires are on 17" x 8" wheels. I think with 33"tires you will have to go with 9" or 9.5" wheels. But not totally sure. Your tire/ wheels shop will know.