Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaky 5100

Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
HARDCORE CARNIVORE BOW HUNTER
lynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlynyrd3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
lynyrd3's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lynyrd3
Question Leaky 5100

Any one have a 5100 start leaking? Right rear bilstein on mine is and I have never been off road or put a heavy load in the bed ! Just a pain in the ass to send it back for replacement or repair. Put these in Oct. 2010 . Guess I will put the old stock shocks back in while I wait for replacement
Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Cant u just take it back to where you bought them?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
520Toyota is on a distinguished road
Name: C.V.
520Toyota's Tacoma Gallery
Mine passenger rear leaked too. Only 40,000 miles on it. However, mine leaked offroading so I replaced them with Rancho 9000s. I really like the Ranchos because I can adjust the shocks according to the load I am carrying. 600 to 700 lbs in the bed, just adjust the shock stiffness dial to 8 or 9 and when done back to 4 or 5 for normal driving.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Is it just a small amount of oil or has it dumped oil all over?
Bilsteins use a weeping seal design. This helps to keep the seal from going bad as well avoid loud squeeking noises and is normal for there to be a small amount of fluid.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Is it just a small amount of oil or has it dumped oil all over?
Bilsteins use a weeping seal design. This helps to keep the seal from going bad as well avoid loud squeeking noises and is normal for there to be a small amount of fluid.
Mine have a small amount of fluid seeping and running out of where the boot mount to the shock. Is that normal ? I understand the weeping seal design but over time dos that mean that most of the fluid leaks out and the shocks go bad? They are a 11 months old and never seen off road !!