Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

off brand 3" lift. Good idea?

Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
casperthetoyota is on a distinguished road
Name: Luke
casperthetoyota's Tacoma Gallery
off brand 3" lift. Good idea?

i just got my 2005 tacoma 4wd a few months ago and im looking into lifting it. my local mechanic said the cost for labor and an allignment would run me around 300$. i found a lift kit and it seems like what i want (3" front and 2" rear lift and it has the diff. drop too) it has a lifetime warrenty so it seems legit. does anybody have this lift or a similar lift. good idea? or should i shell out the extra cash for a brand name lift?thanks for any feedback

lift link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-12-Tacoma...d1bf66&vxp=mtr
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't order and off brand from ebay. Stick with a well estabilshed company.
I also suggest not using the spacers, and using bilstien 5100 instead
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
why not spacers?
i dont do much offroading except for going through an occainsional mud hole.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperthetoyota View Post
why not spacers?
i dont do much offroading except for going through an occainsional mud hole.
Spacers are typically the least desirable method. Do a search there are plenty of threads about spacers.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you pay for

I'd recommend saving up until the time is right to pull the trigger on an Old Man Emu or a Bilstein 5100 setup. Definitely search, suspension is a pretty big deal..and I'm guessing you'd like to treat your rig well.

Here's a link for the basics of all lifts- pros and cons

Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
I'd recommend saving up until the time is right to pull the trigger on an Old Man Emu or a Bilstein 5100 setup. Definitely search, suspension is a pretty big deal..and I'm guessing you'd like to treat your rig well.

Here's a link for the basics of all lifts- pros and cons

that doesnt really say anthing bad about spacers. other than stiffening the ride.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperthetoyota View Post
that doesnt really say anthing bad about spacers. other than stiffening the ride.
The spacers your looking at wont stiffen the ride at all. They simply bolt to the top of the strut. Their ok if you don't go off road. I'd be carefull about that add a leaf. For that price point I'd look for a block. Just be carefull. My friend has the same lift on his '07 with the rear block and its ok. And he doesn't really go off road.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
For just a little more money, I can set you up with a better suspension package. Better design of add-a-leaf and either your choice of spacers, or Bilstein 5100s.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Go with 5100s for improved ride