Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Ome or iron man?

Old 11-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
h22dx will become famous soon enoughh22dx will become famous soon enough
h22dx's Tacoma Gallery
Ome or iron man?

Is the ome really worth the extra $4-500 for a .5 more of a inch? It seems like there aren't too many people on here with the ironman? Seems like its pretty solid kit to me. Suggestions?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
Drinknmolson is on a distinguished road
Drinknmolson's Tacoma Gallery
whats the iron man??

am I missing something that I should know about
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Taco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Taco Dan's Tacoma Gallery

or

idk ive only heard great things from OME kits, but aren't they made by the same company?
you may get more components from the ome lift system, higher rated springs, etc.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinknmolson View Post
whats the iron man??

am I missing something that I should know about
http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/toyota/tacoma.html

Never heard of it
Old 11-28-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ben
Enders Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I think he meant the green ironman.....

I heard about them when I was RTT shopping. But I ended up with CVT
Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
GO OME!!!!

a buddy of mine has ironman and he says it blows!

he got it early this year and he's already looking to switch...

i've had OME since 2006...just recently swapped my rear for fox resi's, but still running OME nitro with 886 coils up front and my dakar leafs from '06 in the rear...new shocks in the front but coils are going strong still

don't mess around and do it right the first time
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #7
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
OME...so easy lol
Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #8
Drinknmolson is on a distinguished road
Drinknmolson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
GO OME!!!!

a buddy of mine has ironman and he says it blows!

he got it early this year and he's already looking to switch...

i've had OME since 2006...just recently swapped my rear for fox resi's, but still running OME nitro with 886 coils up front and my dakar leafs from '06 in the rear...new shocks in the front but coils are going strong still

don't mess around and do it right the first time
Agree!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #9
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Haselfre is running the Ironman lift, might want to ask him how the likes it in his thread here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...x4-2-lift.html

With only 2" of lift that Ironman gives you, you probably wont have to run aftermarket UCA's
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
h22dx's Tacoma Gallery
Are uca's in question with the ome?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
HansandFrans is the TW Ironman rep
Old 11-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #12
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I am. I like the IronMan. I haven't rode in a truck with the OME, but I love the ride it gives the truck. Very simple to install as well. Problem is you have to get it put together somewhere unlike the OME you can order it built.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22dx View Post
Which coils ?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no...even with the 886 coils my alignment specs were fine within range..

they can help, but are not needed
Old 11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
no...even with the 886 coils my alignment specs were fine within range..

they can help, but are not needed
What kind of #'s were you able to get with 886's on stock UCA's ?
Old 11-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #16
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
X2

"Within range" is somewhat of a broad statement. I had shitty alignment with 885's and stock uca's.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #17
Vantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shedVantage is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Vantage's Tacoma Gallery
OME 884 if you dont want new UCA's. Has about a 2" lift.

Just did this lift on my truck and love it.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #18
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
X2

"Within range" is somewhat of a broad statement. I had shitty alignment with 885's and stock uca's.
don't have numbers...always had my buddy who works at toyota align my truck and he never noticed any reason for concern....given i have an arb and warn m8000 in the front of my truck pulling it down, but the alignment numbers he was able to get were within the factory ranges

so maybe not everyone's truck is the same, but i had OME on the truck since '06 and never had alignment issues...just recently went with camburg ucas but that was not because alignment issues

and before i had the 886 (moved up when i got the arb and winch) i had the 885 coils (see my build page...first post has some before pics)
Old 11-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #19
h22dx's Tacoma Gallery
so is the uca problem more year specific? i know with jeeps driveshaft problems with lifts are year specific.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so is the uca problem more year specific?
No