I FOUND THE CULPRIT!!!!! 285's RUBBING

Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
mtwil9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mtwil9's Tacoma Gallery
^ I wanna know the same thing
Old 11-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Same..saw them on my taco and went huh? then saw them on my dad's new RAV4 and we were like..what the hell were they thinking?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
wow wtf is that thing!? For the 10's and below they had little square pieces that hung down a little ways. I took a dremmel to mine the first chance I got.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why did they add those stupid flaps anyway ?
Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
Same..saw them on my taco and went huh? then saw them on my dad's new RAV4 and we were like..what the hell were they thinking?
There doing it on all the new toyota stuff so they can charge more......damn sealership
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaryanreynolds View Post
There doing it on all the new toyota stuff so they can charge more......damn sealership
:wileyC:
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
from non '12s

Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
JRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJRod4928 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jarid
JRod4928's Tacoma Gallery
had to do the same with mine too...and i'm running 265's!!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
Those little flaps or deflectors have to do with reducing aerodynamic drag. Many car manufactures use them now and they have become very common.

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Modif...6/article.html
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #13
Southbound
Westside has a spectacular aura aboutWestside has a spectacular aura about
Name: JT
Westside's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinthefawker View Post
Those little flaps or deflectors have to do with reducing aerodynamic drag. Many car manufactures use them now and they have become very common.

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_Modif...6/article.html
THAT explains what happened to my MPGs!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
from non '12s

I cut the corners of this from bottom up flush with rest of liner, trimmed off the bottom square, folded it up against itself & put a screw thru it with clip up on top inside to keep it all together and keep the rigidity of the wheel well liner when I went with 275/65/18s on my 05. The 08 has 265/70/16s so there is no issue with it touching. Looks easier to deal with on the newer trucks. Not seeing how this can do anything to aid in aerodynamics, maybe block small amount of shit from being slung out in from of truck and up onto windshield in rain or muddy water situations at most, if even that. You can kinda see here how they are missing from view & flush with bottom of flare.........
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM   #16
Bush Pusher
Hairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHairy Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Hairy Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I chopped that thing with a dremel the 2nd day I bought my truck.
Why did you buy your truck twice?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #17
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why did they add those stupid flaps anyway ?
Those front flaps are specifically designed to deflect wind around your tires in an attempt to eliminate tire hum due to tread and very minimally improve aerodynamics.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
STRIKER TRD
akaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shedakaryanreynolds is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
akaryanreynolds's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
That was the first thing I said when Kenny and I helped you install the coilovers...lol

I knew they'd rub!
HAHA I actually remember that you were like "whats with your front mud flaps man"