Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2012 double cab long box driver side lean

Old 11-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
jcjr73 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jcjr73's Tacoma Gallery
2012 double cab long box driver side lean

I am new to the forum and I have a 2012 Double Cab, long box. I recently put a 2.5 inch level kit on the front end and now I have a height difference between my driver side and passenger side rear. My front end measures 37" from ground to top of wheelwell and my rear end measures 37" on passenger side, 36" on drivers side. Anyone else see or heard of this before?
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
yes...commonly refereed to as "Taco Lean"

This should fix it...

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Taco lean...due to the gas tank being on one side and something else I can't remember
A small spacer will do the trick.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
jcjr73 is on a distinguished road
Name: John
jcjr73's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info on this. The crazy thing is that it only leans in the driverside rear. I think I have to see if the spring or shock has an issue. I'm also thinking of adding a 1.5" 3 spring progressive leaf pack in the rear.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
You have the tank, battery and driver all on the same side. The lean is common and the fix is simple.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #6
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
GOD DAMN, that's what it is? I just thought my fat ass fatigued the springs already. I was like dafuq?