Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Stage 4 Icon.... on the way for 13 DCLB 4x4

Old 11-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
bultaco is on a distinguished road
bultaco's Tacoma Gallery
Stage 4 Icon.... on the way for 13 DCLB 4x4

Haven't ordered wheels yet. They say best tire size would be 286/17 but will be running 295/70/17 trail graps. Will prolly have to trim some but any specific wheels with proper bs to help. They rec 4-5 backspacing. Anybody running this kit that would recommend bs or which wheels?
THX in advance.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #2
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
He might have some tips http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...tructions.html
Old 11-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bultaco View Post
Haven't ordered wheels yet. They say best tire size would be 286/17 but will be running 295/70/17 trail graps. Will prolly have to trim some but any specific wheels with proper bs to help. They rec 4-5 backspacing. Anybody running this kit that would recommend bs or which wheels?
THX in advance.
Nice choice....you'll be trimming like crazy, if you wheel and plan on stuffing the tires. Cab mount chop, pinch weld pounded flat and lots of plastic cutting. Getting caster up to 3* will help too.

4.5" back space should be $$ on an 8" rim....a 9" rim will sit wider and you'll also rub the fender flares and they'll most likely come off....mine did but have held on with enough caster to center the wheel inside the wheel well.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
bultaco's Tacoma Gallery
How bout a lil trim?

Well @ least @ this point still have lots of options. I could leave those tires on the Jk and start over wheel/tire combo completely .
Maybe go back to a 16 inch rim. Or a narrower tire.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
A 285/16 with 8" x 4.5 back space should be perfect with some trimming. Plastic liner/mud flaps will need to be trimmed above 265 anyways!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
bultaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lift showed up UPS today.... Think they shipped me wrong rear shocks at first glance.

The Stage 4 is supposed to come with the 5-7650R. And they shipped the 56503R.

Who knows the difference. Is it that the ones they shipped are not the extra 1" extended travel.
Know many of these parts are just drop shipped from remote locales. What's the difference in price to make sure SDHQ makes it right. Better check rest of the components.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #7
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bultaco View Post
Lift showed up UPS today.... Think they shipped me wrong rear shocks at first glance.

The Stage 4 is supposed to come with the 5-7650R. And they shipped the 56503R.

Who knows the difference. Is it that the ones they shipped are not the extra 1" extended travel.
Know many of these parts are just drop shipped from remote locales. What's the difference in price to make sure SDHQ makes it right. Better check rest of the components.
56503R is the correct rear shock. The 57505 shocks we use to use were replaced about a year ago with our in house built rebuildable / revalvable 2.0 Aluminum Series shocks. This is a better, higher quality shock.

The 1" extended droop travel is only relates to the front coil over and you should have got part# 58735

You should be good to go....our website is wrong as far as the rear shock part number and will be updated first thing in the morning. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #8
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Heres the Trail graps you want with a 17x9 4.5BS for reference..

Old 12-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to a good shop and have them adjust those rod ends on the billet UCA's that come with that kit for you and you can run 35's all day without tearing apart the liner. A good shop can do that and make it look stock. Mine can at least. Underground performance and racing in anchorage does this all the time.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
Day Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedDay Cowboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Veteran
Name: Day Cowboy
Day Cowboy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #11

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Take it to a good shop and have them adjust those rod ends on the billet UCA's that come with that kit for you and you can run 35's all day without tearing apart the liner. A good shop can do that and make it look stock. Mine can at least. Underground performance and racing in anchorage does this all the time.
Is there that much adjustment with those? I'm steppin up to 35's soon and already feel the caster is close to maxed out around 2.5 and camburg ball joints. Wish I knew a shop with that much knowledge of those....they all suck around here!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #12

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Heres the Trail graps you want with a 17x9 4.5BS for reference..

Are those 34's? Maybe a good size to go with as most 35's end up being 34.5ish? How did you like those? On road, offroad and winter conditions?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #13
Tacoma808 is on a distinguished road

Name: MaRk RiNeN
Tacoma808's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^ THIS IS THE STANCE YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE
Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #14
bultaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to all for the help. Esp the quick and complete response from ICON.Sure I will need more help once installed.

Already have tires... just need to pick wheels. Something all black!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #15
bultaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Please elaborate.... Sounds like the thing to do even though there's no plans of running 35's as don't want to re-gear or trim too much.

Have pics?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #16
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Are those 34's? Maybe a good size to go with as most 35's end up being 34.5ish? How did you like those? On road, offroad and winter conditions?
They were 34x12's basically

Quote:
Take it to a good shop and have them adjust those rod ends on the billet UCA's that come with that kit for you and you can run 35's all day without tearing apart the liner. A good shop can do that and make it look stock.
Not tryin to hate, but wheres the pics. How much did you trim your wheel wells?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #17
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They were 34x12's basically

Not tryin to hate, but wheres the pics. How much did you trim your wheel wells?
When we do mine I'll have pics, I just sold my Total Chaos UCA's because he told me about this method, FJ's and Taco's all running around town with it done. According to him it can ONLY be done with the Icon Billets, but there may be more with that adjustable rod end feature out there that I'm not aware of. I know it sounds sketchy with no pics, but I trust the guy with my rig any day.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #18
3 7 Mafia
Quote:
When we do mine I'll have pics, I just sold my Total Chaos UCA's because he told me about this method, FJ's and Taco's all running around town with it done. According to him it can ONLY be done with the Icon Billets, but there may be more with that adjustable rod end feature out there that I'm not aware of. I know it sounds sketchy with no pics, but I trust the guy with my rig any day.
I look forward to the pics

Im coming from 3" lift and 315's. You have stock fenders? I had glass on and rubbed a ton even with lots of cutting..

Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
Purveyor of Fun

Quote:
I look forward to the pics

Im coming from 3" lift and 315's. You have stock fenders? I had glass on and rubbed a ton even with lots of cutting..

Yeah, I'll have my stock fenders on when I go this route, Like I said, there are at least a dozen running around town like this and they aren't rubbing like crazy. Your UCA's dont have the adjustability that the icons do though, which is why it works as I understand it.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #20
bultaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to see pics too.