1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

138# Plate bumper, winch w/steel cable, IFS skid.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by KiltedRonin, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Nov 29, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    KiltedRonin

KiltedRonin [OP] Poor Impulse Control

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronin
    Silver Spring, MD.
    Vehicle:
    2011 access cab, MGM, leer 180.
    V6 motor, Icon extended coil overs with 700 pound springs, I'm hoping someone else has kinda the same set up and can give me a clue as to how many threads, or inches of threads I need to have bare minimum preload to have 255/85's in there comfortably for the road height fitment. I'll tweak the fenders and cab mount as needed for the turning clearance.

Or is this one of this things where I'll be going back and forth to the jacks till I get her evened out front to back and side to side? Because every truck is different?

You guys preload a little extra on the driver side? If so, how many threads difference tween passenger and driver?

I should be installing the lift In The next two weeks, but since I have a wall mount spring compressor in the shop, I'd like to adjust the coil overs before I have them mounted on the truck.

Also, any idea how much nitrogen pressure I should have in the shocks? I'm gonna pressure check them before mounting just cause ive heard stories of people getting them from icon with too much or too little gas in em.

I tried searching "icon, 700, plate bumper, winch" and there is a METRIC ton of pages in the mid travel thread to go through looking for just those key words.

Thanks in advance.
    Ronin

2. Dec 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    You have almost my exact setup but my bumper (Pelfreybuilt 2012 Tacoma plat bumper) is supposedly 110 lbs and my Warn 8000 has the synthetic line which saves perhaps 15 pounds (guessing here). Anyway, I put the bumper (with winch) on earlier this week and to my surprise it only lowered the front just less than a half inch. I have the ICON Extended travel coilovers in front with 650 lb/inch springs. With the suspension loaded this way my heigth is where I want to be, which is still two inches over stock when I took delivery of the truck. The ICON coilovers were installed just as I bought them from DownSouth Motorsports. I have not done any aggresive off-road driving yet so I cannot say how that has changed, but I am very pleased with the ICON suspension so far. My truck is an Access Cab like yours. I have decided that IF I want more support I will have the coilover springs swapped to the 700 pound ones, but not until I get some time on what I have currently.

From the top of the coilover My coilovers show exactly 1-3/8" of thread above the adjustable collar with both sides identical and my truck does sit level. It was not level with stock front suspension.

3. Dec 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    David411

David411 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I got an ARB bumper (no winch).
    I gave my KING coilovers with 700lb springs 3/4" of preload, that yielded a full 3" of lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top