Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Lift 3" Spacer needed?

Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Lift 3" Spacer needed?

I bought this lift for my 2012 DCSB. I wanting to know who else has installed it and if they used the spacers to get 3". Also the 1/4 spacer for Taco lean? I bought the spacers, but not sure if I want to install them.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 12-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
I would install the Eibach and Bilstein and drive a few weeks or hundred miles or when you retorque your bolts and see if the driverside is lower by then and if it is. Install the top plate space. Not like you need a spring compressor to install it. Just unbolt the top bolts and pry down the coilover assemble and slip in the spacer.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
claymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant futureclaymore has a brilliant future

Name: Clay
claymore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
I would install the Eibach and Bilstein and drive a few weeks or hundred miles or when you retorque your bolts and see if the driverside is lower by then and if it is. Install the top plate space. Not like you need a spring compressor to install it. Just unbolt the top bolts and pry down the coilover assemble and slip in the spacer.
Thanks for the input, you are right about the 1/4" spacer. I am also wondering about the 1/2" that does require the compressor to install.
http://www.toyteclifts.com/images/st...cerinstall.pdf
Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Just longer top 3 studs is required for 1/2".