Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox remote res CO rebuild, Front Range Colorado

Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
thebrick is on a distinguished road

thebrick's Tacoma Gallery
Fox remote res CO rebuild, Front Range Colorado

I have a set of Fox 2.0 remote res coil overs in dire need of a rebuild. I have the rebuild kits and oil, but no time to do the rebuild. I need my truck for work and cant afford to have it out of commission for more than a day. anyone out there know of anyone in the Denver area that can do this work at a reasonable price? I really dont want to ship them out.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i ended up shipping mine back to downsouth motorsports who i got mine from for a rebuild after i blew a line out...

you might be able to talk with Slee off-road in golden...they build their own shocks now and may be able to help you out..

otherwise, if no one here can help, check on COTTORA, some handy folks over there who may have experience in the matter
Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #3

thanks for the advice. Ended up doing the rebuild myself on friday/saturday. went surprisingly smooth.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
take any pics to do a write up?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #5

was planning to, but once i got started, i couldn't be bothered.
It would have been a good one do document for sure though, cracked springs and black oil. They were in pretty rough shape.

I have a morimoto mini retrofit in the pipes though. I'll definitely take pics of that one.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #6

Here's the only 2 I took during.

Springs off, mid-cleaning. any suggestions for that rust for next time?:

rebuilt and back on.:
Old 12-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Darn shoulda seen this earlier.lol. Anyways good for you taking on the task, did a good job. If anyone else would like their shocks rebuilt send me a message. I do it at a very reasonable cost, and will take out of state shocks.