Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

SR5 vs TRD shocks

Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #1
4WheeleD is on a distinguished road
4WheeleD's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 vs TRD shocks

I looked under my 09 sr5 double cab LB. to see that it has bilstien shocks. Have these been upgraded or is there an inferior Bilstien shock for the regular sr5?
Old 12-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Yellow? Inferior shock.

Brushed steel? 5100s. muy bueno.

Pics would help
Old 12-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Thinkblue is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Thinkblue's Tacoma Gallery
i have a sr5 preruner and i dont have bistiens so either i was ripped off or yours are upgraded. but i have an 07 so maybe the 09 comes with them.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
nope my 2011 4wd Sr5 AC with the upgrade package, no blistens, but upgrading to 5100's after this deployment anywho. OP are you the original owner? maybe the previous owner upgraded them.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheeleD View Post
I looked under my 09 sr5 double cab LB. to see that it has bilstien shocks. Have these been upgraded or is there an inferior Bilstien shock for the regular sr5?
Yes, they have been upgraded. The SR5s (I also have an SR5) come with black Tokico shocks and let me tell you, they are junk of the worst kind. Whoever owned the truck before you probably had the leaf spring tsb done which includes the yellow Bilsteins like those that come on the TRD models. Either that or they bought the yellow Bilsteins from some TRD owner who ugraded further to something like 5100s.

Check out your rear leafs. Are they 3 leaf or 4?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
4wheeleD, Look at the shocks, if they have "Toyota / Bilstein" they are pretty much the same as standard Toyota shocks, junk. If it just has "Bilstein" written on them, they are Bilstein 4600s and are a very good shock.