Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

CLICKING NOISE FROM DRIVERS SIDE

Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #1
bdonham1993 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircrew Flight Equipment (RIGGER, SURVIVAL AND LIFE SUPPORT GEAR)
Name: Brendon
bdonham1993's Tacoma Gallery
CLICKING NOISE FROM DRIVERS SIDE

ok so after a ruff day of offroading i was coming out of the trail i notice a clicking noise everytime i turned or would roll over a bump after doing some research i came to the conclusion it was my lower ball joint so this weekend me and a buddy took off my control arm went to base punched out the old ball joint and punched in a new one then put it all back together and there is still a click im running out of ideas i have heard people say that it could be the tie rod but i dont know just want to get some ideas on how else i should go about this
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
52motorhead is on a distinguished road

52motorhead's Tacoma Gallery
Clicking sound while turning sounds more like a cv joint in the front axl.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
hanrock is on a distinguished road

Name: craig
hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
is it a steady click click click while you are moveing if is this probably a cv !!!!!!! prerunner whoops !!!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #4
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to get a video of it as well?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Could also be a wheel bearing
Old 12-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52motorhead View Post
Clicking sound while turning sounds more like a cv joint in the front axl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanrock View Post
is it a steady click click click while you are moveing if is this probably a cv
Says in his details that he is a prerunner
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #7
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Blinker still on?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
bushings.
click noise when going over bump, or turning, LCA bushings for sure.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
bdonham1993 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Aircrew Flight Equipment (RIGGER, SURVIVAL AND LIFE SUPPORT GEAR)
Name: Brendon
bdonham1993's Tacoma Gallery
i have also heard that it could be the cv as well.... i will try to get a video today after work and post it so yall can hear it thanx for all the response on this issue
Old 12-21-2012, 08:51 AM   #10
kyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the roughkyser13 is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard: PO1
kyser13's Tacoma Gallery
i have a little bit of a click or pop every now and then in the driver and occasionally in the passenger. not all the time just occasionally for both. Any ideas on that, this is after a Toytech lift has been installed since mid October and the popping just started. Mostly noticed it is when turning or a slight bump.....any help would be great.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #11
Cbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCbass38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sebastian
Cbass38's Tacoma Gallery
sounds more like a wheel bearing.