1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Level front end

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Mr.Gadget, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Dec 4, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    Mr.Gadget

Mr.Gadget [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC 4x4 SR5 SB/2012 DC 4x4 SR5 LB(sold)
    Guys, looked at a lot of the stuff out there.
    Getting ready to add a front hitch to the truck and a rack for fishing.
    Wanted to see about some spacers or something for the added weight.
    Looked at this
    Both of those type are all over, the ones you mount on top of the shock and the other that is mounted on top of the spring.

Also looked at Timbrens. http://www.timbren.com/

At the current time I think I would need maybe 1 to 1.5" max.
    At this time I really do not want to take the front shock/spring apart to add a spring spacer, replace the bolts for a top spacer or anything like that.

ANy thought on something I could be over looking to add to the height or help carry the load without a lot of work.

I know 5100 would maybe be the fastest but at the current time I do not know that I want to get into it that much.

I really want to make several trips and a few seasons hunting/fishing to make sure the truck fits the needs before I dump $$ in to it.

Moving from a 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel 4d LB, Lot less room in this truck but I love it.

I remember in the old days we had a rubber spacer that was rounded to fit the spring coil on the top and bottom, you would just stick it in and wrap it around. The rubber adding spring rate, and to what you can carry.
    never seen them on the small coils, do they make them for this truck.

I know they still use them in race cars. Most of the time just a section of it, not a full section that would go all the way arould.

Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top