Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 5100'S AND STOCK

Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 5100'S AND STOCK

so i came out of the gym today and there was another tacoma parked beside me. i thought it would be a perfect opportunity to show those who are on the fence about 5100's the difference. sorry for the cell phone pics but they aren't too bad.

my truck is a 2012 trd sport with 5100's all around, fronts set to 1.75" and 1" blocks in the back. i've got 265/70/R17 duratracs for tires.

hope this helps some people......

Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
blazer190 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
blazer190's Tacoma Gallery
Not much difference hard to tell you did anything more than add tires.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
2012reg4x4 is on a distinguished road
Name: brian
2012reg4x4's Tacoma Gallery
so at 1.75 on the 5100s how much lift at the flare did you get. maybe from hub to flare as well. but i believe your tires are bigger than stock. thanks
Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer190 View Post
Not much difference hard to tell you did anything more than add tires.
1.75" isn't very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012reg4x4 View Post
so at 1.75 on the 5100s how much lift at the flare did you get. maybe from hub to flare as well. but i believe your tires are bigger than stock. thanks
i actually didn't measure, sorry, i'm sure there are many people on here who have though.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
How is the ride compared to the stock suspension? I'm sure it's a bit stiffer but is it bad?
I don't want a harsh stiff ride but I would like to get the front end level with the rear.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great by the way!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan3306 View Post
Looks great by the way!!
thanks, the ride is a little bit stiffer than stock (the front that is, back seems the same) but i don't really notice it, and the roads where i live are absolutely brutal with cracks, holes, dirt, ice, snow, basically barely a step up from a gravel road.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #9
CajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
CajunBug73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
thanks, the ride is a little bit stiffer than stock (the front that is, back seems the same) but i don't really notice it, and the roads where i live are absolutely brutal with cracks, holes, dirt, ice, snow, basically barely a step up from a gravel road.
Your truck looks absolutely perfect, it's exactly the kind of set up Im looking for. My only question now is, will this set-up negativly effect the drive shafts for the rear and front for the 4wd? Thanks, your input is greaty appreciated!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBug73 View Post
Your truck looks absolutely perfect, it's exactly the kind of set up Im looking for. My only question now is, will this set-up negativly effect the drive shafts for the rear and front for the 4wd? Thanks, your input is greaty appreciated!
thank you. i have had this setup for two months now and have had ZERO vibrations, axle wrap from the 1" blocks or any other type of issue in two wheel or four wheel drive. i don't think there is really that big of a difference from stock since it's such a minor lift.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
CajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCajunBug73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
thank you. i have had this setup for two months now and have had ZERO vibrations, axle wrap from the 1" blocks or any other type of issue in two wheel or four wheel drive. i don't think there is really that big of a difference from stock since it's such a minor lift.
Outstanding Bro! That's a big help. I gotta get some before and after pics for the truck...first Toyota ever!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
Beadwindow is a name known to allBeadwindow is a name known to allBeadwindow is a name known to allBeadwindow is a name known to allBeadwindow is a name known to allBeadwindow is a name known to all

Canadian Army: Master Corporal, Signals Branch
Beadwindow's Tacoma Gallery
Did you get the shocks local in the peg, or did you order online? That's pretty much the exact setup I'm looking at for mine.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Outstanding Bro! That's a big help. I gotta get some before and after pics for the truck...first Toyota ever!
sweet, enjoy it it, i love mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadwindow View Post
Did you get the shocks local in the peg, or did you order online? That's pretty much the exact setup I'm looking at for mine.
i tried to get them around here but most shops didn't even believe me there was such thing as an adjustable shock/strut, and the ones that said they could get them quoted me no less then $650 for all four. i ordered them from essex in vancouver.
http://www.bilsteincanada.com/
$476 shipped and not even a week to get here. good guys.
you could get them through downsouthmotors i think they're called on this site but i didn't know of them when i got mine and was happy to stay in canada anyway.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck, I seen the snow and then realized you're from winterpeg, so had to post, not many prairie boys on here. Actually just held a door open at shell the other day for a manitoban I see you look level with a one inch block added? So you must not have the tsb leafs? Mine was level with no rear lift at 1.75 and sr5 coils with tsb leaf, but it might have settled I guess since it (leaf) has been on since new.

Anyway, I'm rambling.....wanna trade hoods and front clips? oooo and headlights too

It's been -40 here for a while now....taco still starts without being plugged in
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06SR5canada View Post
Nice truck, I seen the snow and then realized you're from winterpeg, so had to post, not many prairie boys on here. Actually just held a door open at shell the other day for a manitoban I see you look level with a one inch block added? So you must not have the tsb leafs? Mine was level with no rear lift at 1.75 and sr5 coils with tsb leaf, but it might have settled I guess since it (leaf) has been on since new.

Anyway, I'm rambling.....wanna trade hoods and front clips? oooo and headlights too

It's been -40 here for a while now....taco still starts without being plugged in
hey thanks. the 2012 sports come with the 4 leaf pack so i don't need the tsb. it actually was level when i measured it, i just thought it looked like it was a little nose high and even felt a bit like i was pointing into the sky when i was driving it, so i threw in the 1" blocks. feels and looks perfect now with them in.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #16

Okay, One more question....yeah, right LOL., Did you use Aluminum Blocks for the rear and if so, how are they holding up? I'd like to get a lifetime use out of my lift gear!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Looks way better
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Okay, One more question....yeah, right LOL., Did you use Aluminum Blocks for the rear and if so, how are they holding up? I'd like to get a lifetime use out of my lift gear!
i used these, http://www.readylift.com/c-117-toyot...2-2wd-4wd.aspx they are cast iron, it has only been two months, so far so good. i have heard that aluminum blocks are better to use though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Looks way better
thanks.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Nice setup! I want!! Haha I hope to have some 5100's within a few months! I would like to go to the 2.5 setting but don't want to buy new UCA's just yet as I still need wheels and tires... ay yi yi I need a few more jobs! Haha
How's your alignment?? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
Nice setup! I want!! Haha I hope to have some 5100's within a few months! I would like to go to the 2.5 setting but don't want to buy new UCA's just yet as I still need wheels and tires... ay yi yi I need a few more jobs! Haha
How's your alignment?? Thanks!
thanks!
my alignment seems great, drives perfectly straight