Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Where to buy new lift blocks

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
ralphtater is on a distinguished road
ralphtater's Tacoma Gallery
Where to buy new lift blocks

i currently have 1.25 in lift blocks on the rear of my 06 tacoma. i want to go a lil bigger to match the 2.5 leveling kit on front. Im trying to get them for cheap if anybody has any suggestions.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphtater View Post
i currently have 1.25 in lift blocks on the rear of my 06 tacoma. i want to go a lil bigger to match the 2.5 leveling kit on front. Im trying to get them for cheap if anybody has any suggestions.
Let me do a 30 second search and get back to you.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphtater View Post
My suggestion would be to ditch the block and get an AAL. Check out Toytec, Wheelers or Downsouth Motorsports.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
my problem is im not trying to spend a lot of money i just want to back to sit about 1 inch higher. I can put the blocks on myself i just havnt found a good place to buy any
Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #7
anyway i could get them from you? i could pay if you want
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #9
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Let me do a 30 second search and get back to you.
imagine that, by broadcasting his question here instead of just doing a search and likely spending a couple hundred dollars he's going to wind up getting them for free. its an internet forum man, relax a little
Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #13
yotatoy is on a distinguished road
yotatoy's Tacoma Gallery
hey i could use those 1.25 blocks ill buy them pm me
Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Libre View Post
imagine that, by broadcasting his question here instead of just doing a search and likely spending a couple hundred dollars he's going to wind up getting them for free. its an internet forum man, relax a little
I was just being a dick LOL. I have an extra set of lift blocks, nice ones too (anodized red), that were never used, including the never used Ubolts but they are only 1" blocks.

If OP was local I would have offered to give him mine. I have given away and offered free stuff before here and other forums. OP would be better off not using the blocks anyway, as they will in time cause not so cheap problems down the road.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #15
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Streetacos.com, that's where. They'll blow any aftermarket blocks away. Nothing wrong with blocks. They have a bad rep because everyone wants "cheap", so they get cheap and end up paying for their mistake later. AAL stiffens the ride. Suspension is your friend.

http://stores.streetacos.com/-strse-...sh-/Detail.bok
Old 12-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #16
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
yes from what i read blocks are a bad way to go but the fact remains that 90% of lifted vehicles rarely stray off the pavement so aside from the stiff ride the OP will likely get what he's after.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #17
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Libre View Post
yes from what i read blocks are a bad way to go but the fact remains that 90% of lifted vehicles rarely stray off the pavement so aside from the stiff ride the OP will likely get what he's after.
My truck rarely strays off road and I wouldn't put a block for a rear lift. The block will get you lift and that's about where the good side ends. The stock Tacoma leaf springs are crap and have a lot of axle wrap. Lift blocks promote axle wrap so couple that with an already weak leaf pack and you get LOTS of axle wrap and wheel hop. This can also wear out your stock leaf pack quicker. They also offer no benefit in regards to suspension travel although most people still run stock travel shocks even with an AAL so that becomes a non-issue.

AAL's will stiffen the ride but they're not nearly as bad as they used to be. The old school, short AAL's were very, very stiff. The new longer ones aren't as bad and the multi leaf progressive AALs ride great!
Old 12-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
mirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to beholdmirraman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
mirraman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
My truck rarely strays off road and I wouldn't put a block for a rear lift. The block will get you lift and that's about where the good side ends. The stock Tacoma leaf springs are crap and have a lot of axle wrap. Lift blocks promote axle wrap so couple that with an already weak leaf pack and you get LOTS of axle wrap and wheel hop. This can also wear out your stock leaf pack quicker. They also offer no benefit in regards to suspension travel although most people still run stock travel shocks even with an AAL so that becomes a non-issue.

AAL's will stiffen the ride but they're not nearly as bad as they used to be. The old school, short AAL's were very, very stiff. The new longer ones aren't as bad and the multi leaf progressive AALs ride great!
I'm gonna go with AALs and blocks Just to satisfy me until I can get some Dakars!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 AM   #19
dapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud ofdapetik has much to be proud of

Army: PowerPoint Ranger
Name: David
dapetik's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if you still have these but I want them! I'm in Fl too.