Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Does this look good?

Old 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Does this look good?

After installing my Icons I am getting a slight vibration around 30mph, then it goes away. It feels like a small wave of vibrations. Barely noticeable in the cab.

I crawled under the truck to check the driveline angle and found that I have a slight rub at the CB bracket. After looking at this, do I need to invest in a CB drop?

Here are some various photos of my driveline

Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Based on how the universal lines up almost straight I don't think dropping it would help. Do you think the bearing might be bad?
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
Based on how the universal lines up almost straight I don't think dropping it would help. Do you think the bearing might be bad?
Don't think so. I was wondering if the little rubbing that I noticed on the rear side of the CB drop would be accounting for the "vibration"
Old 12-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks totaled... send it my way

It appears you need a new carrier bearing
Old 12-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #5

Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Trucks totaled... send it my way

It appears you need a new carrier bearing

Okay, where do you want it delivered? Im gonna strip everything off first

You serious about the carrier bearing?