Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best lift for stock rear but inch higher in front

Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
Tacoma414 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cody
Tacoma414's Tacoma Gallery
Best lift for stock rear but inch higher in front

So here we go, I'm not on a king or fox budget, but Im going to keep my back stock maybe with 5100s to replace stock cause I'm at 96k on them, but I want the front at most an inch higher, I like the look, so what should I get for the front, I'm running 2" spacers right now and I want to offroad a little but 75% is onroad what should I get? I found a guy selling camburg 2.5s for 550 used with about 7k on them, downsouthmotorsports said that its worth getting but the fact they are used and I don't know the owner or past owners makes me nervous about getting them, sorry it's long but that's the situation I'm in, thanks for the input
Old 12-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Get em and re-build them when you can save up a little more......or learn to re-build yourself for cheaper!

5100's set at .85 or 1.75" would be you cheaper option!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
5100 at .85 was perfect with my stock rear when i had it that way. Let me know if you need fronts or rears, I still have them in the garage. PM me if interested.

~M
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ That being said, I really love my coilovers for off road but since your not a ton off road it wont really matter.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #7

Do you have any pics of that setup of when you had the billies on your truck? But I have a guy by has camburg 2.5s used with about 7k on them for 550 so I'm not sure on what to do
Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
PutterClutch

I'm pretty sure this was billies at .85 in front and stock rear...

Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Stock rear is 1.5" higher than front....usually!

You'll be fine at .85!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
I'm confused OP... do you want the front 1" higher than you have it now (i.e. 3" total), or 1" higher than stock? Cause if you want 3" total, Billies plus spacers is not a good option.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #12

No I want to get rid of the spacers completely and just have a coil over but it sounds like it will be level but yeah wouldn't I need 2.5" lift in the front to make it an 1" higher then the rear?