Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Fox Performance Series

Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Fox Performance Series

Came across these the other day, Fox's performance series, seems like one up from 5100's but a way better price than the "entry level" coil-overs from All-Pro or Toytec.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/filter....&ref=filternav

Anyone running these yet? They must've come out fairly recently as I haven't seen any talk about them here.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Well there 2.0 if your gunna spend the money why not go with the 2.5.the 2.0 are just smaller and the 2.5 are beefier.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblum View Post
Came across these the other day, Fox's performance series, seems like one up from 5100's but a way better price than the "entry level" coil-overs from All-Pro or Toytec.

Anyone running these yet? They must've come out fairly recently as I haven't seen any talk about them here.
They came out last year during SEMA.

No one talks about them because Tacoma World has a thing for Bilstein 5100's.

The Fox's are great though.

They will give you 0-2".
Old 12-11-2012, 02:18 AM   #5
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
It's more like an obsession
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
It's more like an obsession
I was trying to be nice.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, just seemed like a decent setup for cheap.

Why not just go to 2.5's? Maybe because they are $600+ more?

I wish I would've seen them first because I like the thought of getting new springs and shocks as one paired bundle, with more adjustability. What's the price of front 5100's and a pair of Eibach springs?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I didn't get to finish my thought.

The only point I was trying to make is that this looks like a killer front setup for around the same price as front 5100's and Eibach/OME coils and I feel like most people just have the mindset that 5100's are the only cheap option before going with full blown C/O's. I just figured more people would be running this set up at this price. Fox is a reputable company and they probably know a thing or two about suspension.

I would hands down choose these over the All-Pro or Toytec "coil-overs", AKA over-priced, threaded body 5100's. The Toytec coilover "conversion" (slip-on sleeves and springs?) alone for the 5100's costs more than this pair of Fox's.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #9

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. They are $100 cheaper than the Toytec "coil overs", and the Fox shocks are tuned specifically for the springs. The Toytecs probably use a spring that works close enough with the 5100 shock.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Jesus has 5100s on his diesel powered Tacoma. That's why they don't run Fox's.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
It's like everyone using iPhones when Android is 100x better (as I type this on my iPhone 4 haha).

I can't justify buying these yet unless I were to sell my 5100's for a few bucks and upgrade, but at this point it's "cheaper" to just get Eibach coils instead of losing money selling used parts.

Anyways, hopefully this informations helps someone decide in the future and we can get some feedback on these. Please post it if you have any, now or in a year or two!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not true, come to the LT and MT BS threads. Plenty of people would choose Fox over 5100's when performance is actually an issue
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #13

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Not true, come to the LT and MT BS threads. Plenty of people would choose Fox over 5100's when performance is actually an issue
that's 2 threads out of 235,685 on TW.

I was speaking about TW in general, and Fox Performance Series in particular.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #14
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Those are 2 threads where we actually use our shocks
Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #15

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Those are 2 threads where we actually use our shocks
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make since we are both are on the same side of the arguement (I'm on my second set of Fox's), but for fun, I will back up what I said since you called me on it when you claimed what I said was false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3
They came out last year during SEMA.

The Fox's are great though.

They will give you 0-2".
Search Tacoma World: Keyword(s): fox - About 56,600 results
Search Tacoma World: Keyword(s): 5100 - About 203,000 results

What part of what I said is false?
Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #16
Señor member

Quote:
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make since we are both are on the same side of the arguement (I'm on my second set of Fox's), but for fun, I will back up what I said since you called me on it when you claimed what I said was false.

Search Tacoma World: Keyword(s): fox - About 56,600 results
Search Tacoma World: Keyword(s): 5100 - About 203,000 results

What part of what I said is false?
I was simply trying to say not all of TW has a "thing" for 5100's. Since your so persistant what you did is called a hasty generalization. Just because you havent seen the threads do not mean they don't exist, as your 56k results show, we do exist
Old 12-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #17

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was simply trying to say not all of TW has a "thing" for 5100's. Since your so persistant what you did is called a hasty generalization. Just because you havent seen the threads do not mean they don't exist, as your 56k results show, we do exist
Of course "we" exist. I just told you I'm one of them.

I think you are confused with Fox Factory Series coilovers and Fox Performance Series. People rarely talk about the latter, and when compared with Bilstein 5100's, 5100's are by far the most talked about.

Anyways, my generalization came from ckblum's post when I helped the guy out with some answers on the Fox Performance Series since I have experience with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblum View Post

Old 12-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Where can I buy these, have looked around on the major vendors and found nothing.

Edit: nevermind found them on polyperformance.com
Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
Where can I buy these, have looked around on the major vendors and found nothing.

Edit: nevermind found them on polyperformance.com
how about right here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ar-shocks.html
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #20
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
To bad they are rears, I need the front coilovers.