Notices

Here goes nothing..

Old 12-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
sportzman0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
sportzman0's Tacoma Gallery
Here goes nothing..

So today was a great day.
Purchased 2.75" ready lift kit and pick up grill after being painted to match super taco along with got my 30" led light bar

Tomorrow is hopefully the day everything is finished besides the mesh cause homer is sending me it . Any advice before i start? :P

Heres some pics

Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you don't plan to go off road with that kit. It is probably the weakest kind of lift available, even worse than the Toytec spacer lift...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
I hope you don't plan to go off road with that kit. It is probably the weakest kind of lift available, even worse than the Toytec spacer lift...
do you have any pics of them failed?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one. More can be found if you search a bit.

With the strut extension spacers, at full tuck, the shock will bottom out before the factory bumpstops are contacted. Off road, this can happen easily when the suspension flexes to full tuck.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so sounds like you should run a longer bump stop when using these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Here's one. More can be found if you search a bit.

With the strut extension spacers, at full tuck, the shock will bottom out before the factory bumpstops are contacted. Off road, this can happen easily when the suspension flexes to full tuck.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
Its just not that great of an idea in general. Its an expensive vehicle, why go cheap on the lift? You might as well do it right the first time if you are gonna wheel it. If not, then it will be fine
Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
Its just not that great of an idea in general. Its an expensive vehicle, why go cheap on the lift? You might as well do it right the first time if you are gonna wheel it. If not, then it will be fine
not everybody can afford to go big. lots of kids only have so much money. these spacer lifts are a great cheap way to get a bit of lift. i rank these along the lines of a body lift. its mostly for looks and to fit larger tires. no performance is gained.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #8
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not everybody can afford to go big. lots of kids only have so much money. these spacer lifts are a great cheap way to get a bit of lift. i rank these along the lines of a body lift. its mostly for looks and to fit larger tires. no performance is gained.
Exactly! Spacers still make it look good. I didn't go big or anything. Just bilsteins and eibachs. But I plan to use my truck so I decided against the spacer.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
well i live in Las Vegas. Idk if u know but Las Vegas in a big city and straight desert. Not a lot of offroading to do. Theres a bit but not much. Offroading isnt what i do. i take my truck to dunes to ride quads but not to offroad my truck unfortunately. As much as id like i just dont see the point in taking a $30,000 vehicle to get damage or flip it.. etc.
My first truck was for that good thing nothing happened to it but having one vehicle, doesnt make sense for me to do that to eventually have no vehicle.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post
well i live in Las Vegas. Idk if u know but Las Vegas in a big city and straight desert. Not a lot of offroading to do. Theres a bit but not much. Offroading isnt what i do. i take my truck to dunes to ride quads but not to offroad my truck unfortunately. As much as id like i just dont see the point in taking a $30,000 vehicle to get damage or flip it.. etc.
My first truck was for that good thing nothing happened to it but having one vehicle, doesnt make sense for me to do that to eventually have no vehicle.

Seriously? I used to live in Vegas, TONS of off roading. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post

Seriously? I used to live in Vegas, TONS of off roading. Just my opinion though.
Not really. You have to go to Mtn Charleston or Apex for that. Its not the same here as it is anywhere else. Where you can go through the forest or go up mtns. theres not a lot.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
how the hell do you put up with that heat!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Correct, and some spacer kits include a separate set of spacers to extend the bump stops. However, this doesn't address the other problem with top plate-only spacer kits like the Readylift: the droop travel of the wheel is extended by 2.5-3", more than what the balljoints can handle. By comparison, strut lifts like the Bilstein 5100 only extend droop travel by 1" or so. Full droop can actually happen on pavement with aggressive cornering or potholes.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #14
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not really. You have to go to Mtn Charleston or Apex for that. Its not the same here as it is anywhere else. Where you can go through the forest or go up mtns. theres not a lot.
Drive out to Hurricane like your going to Zion. At the stop sign where you go left to Zion, turn right onto 59, drive until you see a sign for the hot springs on the left. Fill up with water there, keep going about 1/4 mile, take the first dirt road on the right (I think its just before a cattle guard if memory serves correct). Follow that dirt road till the end (roughly 63 miles), it will continually deteriorate until your in 4 wheel drive and rock crawling. When you go as far as the road does, set up camp, turn around and walk south until......

You are now on the north rim of the grand canyon, 2,000 feet straight down.

Just sayin, you can wheel there, you just have to know where to go.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
Yeah but that's Utah/Arizona not Nevada haha. There's really no where to go without having to travel
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Another example of a strut extension spacer at work:

Of course Nwitaco's truck now looks like this, so it isn't a good example for a budget build.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...1-ton-sac.html
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM   #17
ok look like i said. im not looking to offroad. i could see if i was going to offroad but im not. i use my truck in the city and to tow my quads to dunes. my buddy had same like for a while before he went to a bigger lift and he had no problems. maybe just the retards that think they can offroad like nothing with a spacer is just dumb.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:55 PM   #18

Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah but that's Utah/Arizona not Nevada haha. There's really no where to go without having to travel
It's the desert. That's what you do. You asked.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #19
andrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandrew8404 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2 Battalion 4th Marines
Name: ANDREW
andrew8404's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok look like i said. im not looking to offroad. i could see if i was going to offroad but im not. i use my truck in the city and to tow my quads to dunes. my buddy had same like for a while before he went to a bigger lift and he had no problems. maybe just the retards that think they can offroad like nothing with a spacer is just dumb...

and if this happened to me and my truck, id just have my grandfather buy me another one...
Why not just buy bilstein 5100s from dsm for 299? Way better then spacers and near the same price?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=sportzman0;6120198]ok look like i said. im not looking to offroad. i could see if i was going to offroad but im not. i use my truck in the city and to tow my quads to dunes. my buddy had same like for a while before he went to a bigger lift and he had no problems. maybe just the retards that think they can offroad like nothing with a spacer is just dumb...
and if this happened to me and my truck, id just have my grandfather buy me another one...[/QUOTE]

Well... isn't that special.