1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lifting truck and warranty repairs

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by semper000, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Aug 16, 2007 at 6:36 AM
    semper000

semper000 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Double Cab TRD Sport Long Bed
    I would like to know of any real world examples of people taking taking their lifted trucks in for warranty repairs. Yes I know about the Magnuson Moss Act, that says they are "supposed" to prove the failure was caused by your supsenion mod. It's a little confusing, like reading tax code. So those of you who have had warrany repairs done. What the concensus, does Toyota give you a hard time, or do they complete warranty work as they should?

2. Aug 16, 2007 at 5:12 PM
    bowzerdoo77

bowzerdoo77 U.S.M.C.

Member:
    North Ogden Utah
    Vehicle:
    1997 REG CAB 4x4
    None
    Dude I have lifted mine and the Dealer in Jacksonville NC are dickheads they blame every problem on the lift like the rear diff was leaking and they said it was cuz of the lift.. and I had to pay 289 to fix it I could see a u joint or some shit but the gasket was at fault.. however back home where all the trucks are lifted they would look the other way and just fix the thing.. Its free money to them at full rate paid by toyota.. so my advice is ask the dealer what they will void if you lift it first but Id do it again cuz they look so muck cooler lifted there are so few of them that are so thats my thoughts :D

Products Discussed in

To Top