Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lifting truck and warranty repairs

Old 08-16-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
semper000 is on a distinguished road
semper000's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting truck and warranty repairs

I would like to know of any real world examples of people taking taking their lifted trucks in for warranty repairs. Yes I know about the Magnuson Moss Act, that says they are "supposed" to prove the failure was caused by your supsenion mod. It's a little confusing, like reading tax code. So those of you who have had warrany repairs done. What the concensus, does Toyota give you a hard time, or do they complete warranty work as they should?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
Dude I have lifted mine and the Dealer in Jacksonville NC are dickheads they blame every problem on the lift like the rear diff was leaking and they said it was cuz of the lift.. and I had to pay 289 to fix it I could see a u joint or some shit but the gasket was at fault.. however back home where all the trucks are lifted they would look the other way and just fix the thing.. Its free money to them at full rate paid by toyota.. so my advice is ask the dealer what they will void if you lift it first but Id do it again cuz they look so muck cooler lifted there are so few of them that are so thats my thoughts