Notices

Help with my 2012 Baja lift measurements

Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
JRIGGS2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Johnny
JRIGGS2's Tacoma Gallery
Help with my 2012 Baja lift measurements

Hey guys and gals!
I have been reading TW since I purchased my truck in May. I decided the Baja package would suit my needs the most. I have great "friend" at the dealership that made the decision even easier with the deal I recieved. Anyway, I haven't started to mod yet...but I am starting to get the itch. I am however concerned about the measurements I am getting regarding the lift on my truck. Here is what I am getting at 4800 miles and a full gas tank. The truck has the 4 leaf pack also.
Driver Front = 21.875" from center of wheel to fender.
Pass Front = 21.9375" from center of wheel to fender.
Driver Rear = 22" from center of wheel to fender.
Pass Rear = 22.250" from center of wheel to fender.
All tires are at 40psi.
Do these measurements sound right? I am new to this so go easy on me.
The truck rides like butta and I don't want to effect that at all. I love the looks of 285/75 tires but I am pretty sure from reading here that wont work with just a 2" lift. I am prolly going to just run 265/75 Duratracs in the winter. What would you do if it was your truck and do these measurements sound right? Thanks so much, you guys have some awesome looking trucks! Pics to follow soon as I get off my lazy ass and wash it.
Johnny
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Its called the "Taco Lean". its normal on a tacoma. Toyota put everything heavy on the dirverside of the vehicle (Gas Tank, Battery, driver) which is why your measurements seem off.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
JRIGGS2's Tacoma Gallery
Sierra,
Thanks for the reply...I am aware of the Taco lean, I should have asked what measurements should I be getting? I have searched TW for stock measurements and can't find them. What is the distance when you have a 3" lift? I am trying to figure out if I want more lift (add a top plate spacer in front, block/dakars in the rear, and add some UCA's) so I can run 285/75's, or just stick with the lift I have and 265/75's. I like a little rake, but not too much. I also forgot to mention that I will be adding a Undercover tonneu cover (approx. 60 lbs.) and wasn't sure if that was enough to effect the rear at all. Can anyone help me out with the measurements? Any input is welcome! Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #4
JRIGGS2's Tacoma Gallery
Nevermind. I found the thread I was looking for! Thanks.
Johnny