1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheeler's Offroad AAL question, order 2?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hour, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Dec 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM
    hour

hour [OP] TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma RC 4x4 (Sold) '14 Ram 1500, '99 4R
    Level 8 Trackers, Hankook Dynapro LT265/75/16, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5, Wheelers 3-Leaf Progressive w/ factory overload, 5100s all around // Ranch Camper Shell, BHLM, hacked reverse lights, auxiliary reverse lights // Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD, RF Prime Components, BOSS 10" Sub
    Hi guys,

Sorry to not just contact them directly and inquire, but they're closed until Monday and I'm itching to get an order in so I can hopefully receive them (and install) before the holidays.

I'm trying to get front 5100s and a 1.5" AAL for my regular cab, and noticed Wheeler's says "1.5" Add a Leaf Kit: A single leaf Add A Leaf Set, works with your factory length u-bolts. " - $77.50

I understand the 'single leaf' but the 'Set' part is throwing me off. I'll obviously need 2, if anyone has ordered their AAL single leafs before, do you need two of these or does the set include both for the rear? They word this the same way for all their single leafs...

I heard the ICON AAL kit on Downsouth Motorsports is similar to the [SIZE=2]Wheelers[/SIZE][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2], same manufacturer or something to that extent, but the ICONs are $[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]200[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2].. which would make me think that [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]<$80 for two [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]on Wheeler's isn't the case. Even [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]if I have to order two, it's still cheaper than the ICONs but [/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Downsouth has free shipping and a little discount as well.

Thanks for any comments-didn't post this in any vendor specific thread because I'm trying to figure this out and place an order [I]somewhere[/I] before Monday when Wheelers reopens.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. Dec 14, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    100% positive it's a set of two. Single leaf means 1 leaf added to your leaf pack hence add a leaf.

3. Dec 14, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    hour

hour [OP] TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Level 8 Trackers, Hankook Dynapro LT265/75/16, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5, Wheelers 3-Leaf Progressive w/ factory overload, 5100s all around // Ranch Camper Shell, BHLM, hacked reverse lights, auxiliary reverse lights // Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD, RF Prime Components, BOSS 10" Sub
    Niceee thanks for the response. After checking the operation hours of DSM I guess this thread was a wash, as nothing will happen til Monday, but with the price being $2 better for fronts, and over $100 better for the AAL.. I think I can rest assured that even with an unknown shipping rate, Wheelers will be the way to go.

4. Dec 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Have you considered a 3-leaf progressive AAL as opposed to single leaf AAL? I heard it ride a lot better then a single leaf AAL. Also if you are on a budget then a single AAL is good but make sure you order the longer AAL for again better ride as opposed to a short AAL like Pro Comp has.

5. Dec 18, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    hour

hour [OP] TL;DR BOSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for tips man,

Just ordered 5100 adjustables up front, and Wheeler's 3 leaf progressive for the rear. <$350 shipped, can't wait to see how it looks. Since I'll have camper shell on the back I'm going to do the rears first and then try to see if 1.75" on fronts will be acceptable. Would like to avoid all the UCA/diff drop drama.

tpotnoc likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top