Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Wheeler's Offroad AAL question, order 2?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeler's Offroad AAL question, order 2?

Hi guys,

Sorry to not just contact them directly and inquire, but they're closed until Monday and I'm itching to get an order in so I can hopefully receive them (and install) before the holidays.

I'm trying to get front 5100s and a 1.5" AAL for my regular cab, and noticed Wheeler's says "1.5" Add a Leaf Kit:A single leaf Add A Leaf Set, works with your factory length u-bolts. " - $77.50

I understand the 'single leaf' but the 'Set' part is throwing me off. I'll obviously need 2, if anyone has ordered their AAL single leafs before, do you need two of these or does the set include both for the rear? They word this the same way for all their single leafs...

I heard the ICON AAL kit on Downsouth Motorsports is similar to the Wheelers, same manufacturer or something to that extent, but the ICONs are $200.. which would make me think that <$80 for two on Wheeler's isn't the case. Even if I have to order two, it's still cheaper than the ICONs but Downsouth has free shipping and a little discount as well.

Thanks for any comments-didn't post this in any vendor specific thread because I'm trying to figure this out and place an order somewhere before Monday when Wheelers reopens.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
100% positive it's a set of two. Single leaf means 1 leaf added to your leaf pack hence add a leaf.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

hour's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsaechao View Post
100% positive it's a set of two. Single leaf means 1 leaf added to your leaf pack hence add a leaf.
Niceee thanks for the response. After checking the operation hours of DSM I guess this thread was a wash, as nothing will happen til Monday, but with the price being $2 better for fronts, and over $100 better for the AAL.. I think I can rest assured that even with an unknown shipping rate, Wheelers will be the way to go.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered a 3-leaf progressive AAL as opposed to single leaf AAL? I heard it ride a lot better then a single leaf AAL. Also if you are on a budget then a single AAL is good but make sure you order the longer AAL for again better ride as opposed to a short AAL like Pro Comp has.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
TL;DR BOSS

hour's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for tips man,

Just ordered 5100 adjustables up front, and Wheeler's 3 leaf progressive for the rear. <$350 shipped, can't wait to see how it looks. Since I'll have camper shell on the back I'm going to do the rears first and then try to see if 1.75" on fronts will be acceptable. Would like to avoid all the UCA/diff drop drama.