Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME with Dakar alignment, truck going left???

Old 12-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Imageoguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Antoine
Imageoguy's Tacoma Gallery
OME with Dakar alignment, truck going left???

I just finished installing OME front shocks with 885 springs, LR UCA's and Dakars in the rear. I brought it in for alignment and changed tires for 265/75/16 duratracks whill I was at it. The steering now has to be a bit to the righ for me to go staight. Before going back to the shop, any insight as to what would have to be done to correct the problem? It didn't do that on my way to get it alligned...

Here are my present alignment #'s.

Front Left
-0.1 Camber
2.6 Caster
0.01 Toe

Front Right
0.1 Camber
2.8 Caster
-0.01 Toe

Rear Left
-0.1 Camber
-0.39 Toe

Rear Right
-0.4 Camber
0.47 Toe

Any suggestions?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageoguy View Post
I just finished installing OME front shocks with 885 springs, LR UCA's and Dakars in the rear. I brought it in for alignment and changed tires for 265/75/16 duratracks whill I was at it. The steering now has to be a bit to the righ for me to go staight. Before going back to the shop, any insight as to what would have to be done to correct the problem? It didn't do that on my way to get it alligned...

Here are my present alignment #'s.

Front Left
-0.1 Camber
2.6 Caster
0.01 Toe

Front Right
0.1 Camber
2.8 Caster
-0.01 Toe

Rear Left
-0.1 Camber
-0.39 Toe

Rear Right
-0.4 Camber
0.47 Toe

Any suggestions?
that's prob something your going to have to deal with. as long as the truck doesn't pull to the right or left it should be fine.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
is it pulling or the steering wheel is off center?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Have someone follow you down a straight, flat road and see if you're back end is in line with your front end (make sure your back end isn't trailing to the right). Sometimes that happens when you put on new leaf springs or an AAL. There is a little bit of play where the centering pin goes into the axle, just enough so you can get the rear end off a bit. If that's the case, loosen the u-bolts and shift the axle the correct direction to correct it. Otherwise, your alignment shop messed up.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
Imageoguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Antoine
Imageoguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes09 View Post
is it pulling or the steering wheel is off center?
Steering is off center. I seem to have a bit of wondering which could be due to the bad roads here but the steering is definately off center.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imageoguy View Post
Steering is off center. I seem to have a bit of wondering which could be due to the bad roads here but the steering is definately off center.
I would say it's the shops fault as it would take a more than bad roads to do that.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #7
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes you can't get the steering wheel perfectly straight, that's a chance you take
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Sometimes you can't get the steering wheel perfectly straight, that's a chance you take
Only if you let a gorilla align your truck... There's no excuse to not get the steering straight. If might wander a little bit because of tire selection but it should track straight overall.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Steering wheel should be able to be straight
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Rocknroll is on a distinguished road

Name: Devin
Rocknroll's Tacoma Gallery
My understanding is if your caster is set too close or is even, you will get some wondering.

I put this exact suspension setup on my truck and then took it down to the local tire place and had them set the caster at 2.5 left and 3.0 right. No problems at all so far.