Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Just dropped the hammer on complete lift kit

Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Dog Face Soldier
Nicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant future

Army: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Name: Nick
Nicky Lam's Tacoma Gallery
Just dropped the hammer on complete lift kit

just ordered OME full 3" lift with 885 coils and dakars out back. 2.5 degree axle shims and stainless steel extended rear brake lines. ($1450+)

Total Chaos upper control arms from MetalTech (free shipping, so nice) $620

1 paycheck, gone. just like that

just a little excited, so i had to throw a post up.

wheels and tires next pay check?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Lam View Post
just ordered OME full 3" lift with 885 coils and dakars out back. 2.5 degree axle shims and stainless steel extended rear brake lines. ($1450+)

Did you get the 5mm OME trim packer and the OME CB drop ?
Old 12-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
woo! I'm jealous
Old 12-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Dog Face Soldier
Nicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Did you get the 5mm OME trim packer and the OME CB drop ?
negative, i figure i can make my own CB drop if i need to.

5mm OME trim packer? i dont know.... i ordered the front shocks/coils to be fully assembled, i wanted to take the stock ones out, put the new ones in. is it needed? can i add to it later if i have the dreaded lean? does it go on top of the hat? or between the coil and hat? i hate compressing springs
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
MarkM is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
MarkM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I just went through this exact same thing. Wheels and tires installed tomorrow! Tacomadicted
Old 12-19-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The trim packer goes on the drivers side shock below the coil

It needs to go on at time of assembly

It only works with OME shocks
Old 12-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
Dog Face Soldier

Quote:
The trim packer goes on the drivers side shock below the coil

It needs to go on at time of assembly

It only works with OME shocks
cool thanks. it's only like a 12 dollar part. I plan to install the lift, wait about a month so the suspension settles, then decide if ill need it. I'll get it aligned then with new wheels and tires
Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
jsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedjsmarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 6th Motor Transport Battalion
Name: Jeff
jsmarine's Tacoma Gallery
its a cheap part, but the trim packer will require you to remove the spring, so if you dont want to mess with a spring compressor in a month, have it installed now.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cool thanks. it's only like a 12 dollar part. I plan to install the lift, wait about a month so the suspension settles, then decide if ill need it. I'll get it aligned then with new wheels and tires
Bad idea
Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Call them and have them put the spacer in for you. You WILL have the lean. No getting around it. Also why not get the $12 cb spacer at he same time
Old 12-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
Dog Face Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Call them and have them put the spacer in for you. You WILL have the lean. No getting around it. Also why not get the $12 cb spacer at he same time
Too late, already assembled and shipped.

CB drop kit, I can make myself. If I even need it.

I'm competent with suspension and a wrench to install the trim paced, if there is a lean at all.

Won't know till I install will we? Only hope for the best
Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bad idea
X2 i just installed 885s with the trim packer and have almost 1/2" of taco lean. If he ordered the shocks and springs pre assembled they should know to put in the trim packer right?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What about ordering a 1/4 top plate spacer?
Old 12-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #16

Quote:
You will probably need an alignment right away, the lift will most likely mess your alignment up pretty bad. are your dakars coming with rear bushings?
Old 12-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
Dog Face Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
You will probably need an alignment right away, the lift will most likely mess your alignment up pretty bad. are your dakars coming with rear bushings?
No idea if the dakars come with new bushings or not, I would assume so since they were $470++ option over aal or block from toytec. my truck only has 2000 miles on it, if it didn't come with new bushings. Is it possible to use the stock ones?

I ordered the 885 with the top plate spacer option to make it a full 3" inch lift I don't think I want to stack another spacer on top of that. IF I need the trim packer ill order it.

Also this truck, is not my daily driver, I have another vehicle (car) which I drive to and from work. I would merely, drive it to where I'm installing it, install, drive it back, let it sit to settle for a few weeks. At most I'd drive it around the block a couple times a week to help settle it further. Then when it's all said and done, see if I need the trim packer. Some members on here say they have no lean with this same setup.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #19
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No idea if the dakars come with new bushings or not, I would assume so since they were $470++ option over aal or block from toytec. my truck only has 2000 miles on it, if it didn't come with new bushings. Is it possible to use the stock ones?

I ordered the 885 with the top plate spacer option to make it a full 3" inch lift I don't think I want to stack another spacer on top of that. IF I need the trim packer ill order it.

Also this truck, is not my daily driver, I have another vehicle (car) which I drive to and from work. I would merely, drive it to where I'm installing it, install, drive it back, let it sit to settle for a few weeks. At most I'd drive it around the block a couple times a week to help settle it further. Then when it's all said and done, see if I need the trim packer. Some members on here say they have no lean with this same setup.
You do plan on getting it aligned after you install it though right? If you have a firestone in your area they have a lifetime alignment for 160 bucks. Totally worth it. After installing my lift I had my truck aligned twice in a week because I was leveling out my front end.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #20

Oh ok, i didn't realize you already had the top plate spacers. You could do 1/4 on the passengers side and 1/2 on the drivers side. The thing about installing the trim packer is you have to completely disassemble the coil-over. You will need a spring compressor, if you are taking it apart it kind of defeats the purpose of having them pre assembled. For the dakars i think it depends where you ordered from, im guessing toytec? I ordered from downsouth, they do not come with rear bushing from OME so unless you ordered from a vendor who adds them then you might need to press new bushings in. I bought mine from toyota because i have heard removing the old ones is a pain in the ass. I am sure you will figure everything out, we are just trying to help you be prepared.

Edit: toytec does include new rear bushings for the dakars