LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Urgent Help: OME 885 or OME 886 with Plate Bumper?

Old 12-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Urgent Help: OME 885 or OME 886 with Plate Bumper?

Hi all, I thought I had made the right decision as far as my new springs but now people have been commenting, making me doubt myself and the information I thought was right. Anyway, I just ordered a Demello 3-Hoop Bumper (no winch) along with OME 885's and a Toytec 1.5'' AAL. I currently have Bilstein 5100's all around, and would be lowering the front to 0'' when pairing with the OME springs. My question is: Should I change my order to OME 886's considering I'm putting a plate bumper on? I thought the 885's would be enough since they are listed as "Medium = +/- 110 lb additional weight" and I wouldn't be adding a winch. I want a slightly level or a slight rake stance (definitely don't want any bro lean).

Please help as I have already ordered the springs and may need to call Toytec to change the order ASAP.

Matt
Old 12-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Hi all, I thought I had made the right decision as far as my new springs but now people have been commenting, making me doubt myself and the information I thought was right. Anyway, I just ordered a Demello 3-Hoop Bumper (no winch) along with OME 885's and a Toytec 1.5'' AAL. I currently have Bilstein 5100's all around, and would be lowering the front to 0'' when pairing with the OME springs. My question is: Should I change my order to OME 886's considering I'm putting a plate bumper on? I thought the 885's would be enough since they are listed as "Medium = +/- 110 lb additional weight" and I wouldn't be adding a winch. I want a slightly level or a slight rake stance (definitely don't want any bro lean).

Please help as I have already ordered the springs and may need to call Toytec to change the order ASAP.

Matt
Are you sure the Demello 3 hoop plate weighs less than 110 lbs? My Brute Hybrid was like 100 and its a hybrid and has one hoop.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
I use 886s with my 95lb brute force plate, and I think it rides great. Are you going to be off road a lot with your ride?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Are you sure the Demello 3 hoop plate weighs less than 110 lbs? My Brute Hybrid was like 100 and its a hybrid and has one hoop.
The Demello Bumper thread says they "weight in at just over a 100 lbs." I'm assuming that's with no hoops or one hoop, so I can't imagine the three hoop version is much more than 110 lbs.

Matt
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
I'm undefeated in the UFC.
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pepe Silvia
PerfectTekniq's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running used 885s (not 885x) with a AllPro 3 piece with light hoop and it rides fine.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
Student / Vol. FF

Ok, I've just searched and read through about 1000 threads in the last five minutes about this, so I am back to feeling a little confident about my order. For the most part, I see that the 885's are fine for just a bumper (no winch), and that 886's are not even meant to be paired with Bilstein 5100's. I guess we will see what it's like once I put everything on...

Matt
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #7
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift do you want after the bumper is installed ?

Will there be a winch added ?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
PerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shedPerfectTekniq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How much lift do you want after the bumper is installed ?

Will there be a winch added ?
He says no winch now but...you know how that goes...
Old 12-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
He says no winch now but...you know how that goes...
Missed that

Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Missed that

Thanks
I do not plan on adding a winch, and even though plans change, this is one thing that I will never see myself buying. In response to your other question, I'm not really worried about lift heights, I just want the springs to be able to hold the weight well. My main concern is : Will the 885's support 110 lbs (net additional weight after stock bumper removal will probably be around 90 lbs) without significant sagging, while at the same time creating a level to slight rake stance with 1.5'' AAL?

Matt
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #11

Quote:
I do not plan on adding a winch, and even though plans change, this is one thing that I will never see myself buying. In response to your other question, I'm not really worried about lift heights, I just want the springs to be able to hold the weight well. My main concern is : Will the 885's support 110 lbs (net additional weight after stock bumper removal will probably be around 90 lbs) without significant sagging, while at the same time creating a level to slight rake stance with 1.5'' AAL?

Matt
I think you'll be fine. You bought the 885s new from Toytec? I would assume they would be the 885x (which from my understanding are a bit more heavy duty and prevent sagging)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
I think you'll be fine. You bought the 885s new from Toytec? I would assume they would be the 885x (which from my understanding are a bit more heavy duty and prevent sagging)
Yes, from the Toytec website. The Demello is a little bit thinner steel than some of the other plate bumpers so it's not as heavy. I think I regained my confidence in my purchase.

Matt
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #13
Thinking of something clever
dad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddad32509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
dad32509's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I dont think they make the regular 885's right? From what Ive read the 885x's are pre stressed springs.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Yes, from the Toytec website. The Demello is a little bit thinner steel than some of the other plate bumpers so it's not as heavy. I think I regained my confidence in my purchase.

Matt
Yeah, and remember you're also removing the other bumper that was there. so it's not like you're adding 100lbs to the truck
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Matt
885's are spec'ed for up to 110lbs of additional weight as per OME specs , so yes , you will be fine
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Yeah I dont think they make the regular 885's right? From what Ive read the 885x's are pre stressed springs.
I believe so. I have 885's (bought used) with an AllPro 3 piece and it holds it fine.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
Student / Vol. FF

Thanks for all the help guys, I know it's frustrating to answer similar questions from multiple threads on here, but I couldn't find the exact specs that I was getting and wanted to be certain. I was getting nervous there for a second.

Matt
Old 12-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
Student / Vol. FF

Hey again guys, I am still worried about significant rake with the OME 885x's, 5100's at 0'' and the Toytec 1.5'' TSB AAL (have TSB pack right now) and the Demello bumper with NO winch up front. Is it ok to add the Toytec 1/4'' spacer to the front (driver and passenger) to help account for any sagging with the bumper, or will I sit level without the spacers? I've heard a +/- 110 lb bumper will make the front sag about 0.5''. I would really like to sit as level as possible.

I need to know as soon as possible so I can buy if needed because I have my appointment at the shop for my lift on Thursday.

Matt
Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #20

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey again guys, I am still worried about significant rake with the OME 885x's, 5100's at 0'' and the Toytec 1.5'' TSB AAL (have TSB pack right now) and the Demello bumper with NO winch up front. Is it ok to add the Toytec 1/4'' spacer to the front (driver and passenger) to help account for any sagging with the bumper, or will I sit level without the spacers? I've heard a +/- 110 lb bumper will make the front sag about 0.5''. I would really like to sit as level as possible.

I need to know as soon as possible so I can buy if needed because I have my appointment at the shop for my lift on Thursday.

Matt
Put a 1/2" spacer on the driver's side and a 1/4" spacer on the passenger side