LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Looking to do a 3" Lift, have a few questions.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
tpblanke is on a distinguished road
tpblanke's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to do a 3" Lift, have a few questions.

Looking at 3" lift and leveling. Was going to go ahead and get the lift out of the way before ordering wheels/tires.

Was looking at OME 885 pre-assembled on bilstein 5100's up front with an AAL pack for the back.

Truck is a 2013 DCSB OR.

1) What AAL should I be looking at if I want the truck level with 5100s@1.75 with the 885s
2) Should I go ahead and get the 886s if I plan on a heavier bumper down the road? If so, should I run the 5100s@.85 instead?
3) With the 885s giving 1.75 and the 5100s@1.75, that is 3.5" of lift in the front; will I be needing to do any other front end modifications to prevent issues? I've heard I'll need UCAs but I've also heard that I won't.
4) Am I going about this the wrong way? I've been researching all of this but it is my first time lifting a vehicle and I'd like to make sure it goes smoothly. My budget is rather tight at the moment, and I feel like this is my most cost-effective option at the moment, I just don't want it to cause problems.

Thanks a ton for the help guys.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
1) For the AAL, I did the 1.5" Toytec AAL for the rear (also bout the 7.5" Ubolts to fit (I too did 4 new Bilstein 5100's")

3) Ive heard you need UCA for a lift of 3" or higher, in order to be able to get an alignment back to the factory specs. On my truck, I did 4 new 5100's, Eibach coils for the front, and the back, see 1 above. (also put a 3 degree shim for the drivetrain alignment). I got everything from either downsouthmotorsports.com or toyteclifts.com. all in all, ran me about 600$ instead of 3000 for the toytec specific lift. took me 4 hours in a do it yourself garage with a friend. Hope this helps!

(cant help with the 885's, i dont know what those are)

Recap: Bilstein 5100's (2 front, 2 rear), Eibach coils (used all factory bolts after I assembled the front coilovers with a spring compressor), 1.5" (or maybe 2") AAL's for rear, 7.5" U bolts for rear, and 3 degree axle shim. Im pretty sure that was everything I used. Pretty simple and fun to do.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpblanke View Post
Looking at 3" lift and leveling. Was going to go ahead and get the lift out of the way before ordering wheels/tires.

Was looking at OME 885 pre-assembled on bilstein 5100's up front with an AAL pack for the back.

Truck is a 2013 DCSB OR.

1) What AAL should I be looking at if I want the truck level with 5100s@1.75 with the 885s
2) Should I go ahead and get the 886s if I plan on a heavier bumper down the road? If so, should I run the 5100s@.85 instead?
3) With the 885s giving 1.75 and the 5100s@1.75, that is 3.5" of lift in the front; will I be needing to do any other front end modifications to prevent issues? I've heard I'll need UCAs but I've also heard that I won't.
4) Am I going about this the wrong way? I've been researching all of this but it is my first time lifting a vehicle and I'd like to make sure it goes smoothly. My budget is rather tight at the moment, and I feel like this is my most cost-effective option at the moment, I just don't want it to cause problems.

Dont quote me. But I don't think you are suppose to run the 5100s above 0 if you are using 885/886 springs. They will give you enough lift as it is.

At 3.5" your gonna need new UCAs

What is your budget? That will help a lot.

Are you installing yourself or paying someone?

How much lift are you looking at getting?

Daily driver? Mild off road? No of road? Lots of offroad?

If your future holds a plate bumper and winch I believe people are going full OME shocks and 886 springs
Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpblanke View Post

Truck is a 2013 DCSB OR.

You'll get 2 1/2" from the 885's alone , billies should be at zero
Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
VancouverTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cole
VancouverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You'll get 2 1/2" from the 885's alone , billies should be at zero
I've heard of people setting billies at .85 with the OME coils, is that a bad idea?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverTaco View Post
I've heard of people setting billies at .85 with the OME coils, is that a bad idea?
I would just get 1/4" or 1/2" top plate spacers instead