Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

icon CDC coilovers.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #41
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
ICONrep, we're just exploring a side topic. I figured you wouldn't mind, since it bumps the thread and generates more exposure for CDC without much effort from you.

While I'm thinking of it, do you know how ICON's CDC will compare with Fox's CD Adjuster?

WRC has to be one of the more demanding series for shocks, too. I'm still pissed that my cable company dropped it.
No worries.....I'm going to make sure you get what you want to know!

I know nothing about how theirs works, from what I am told ours has a broader range of adjustment though. Another thing is how we set it up......we set our standard valving for a said shock, that most are happy with, at number 3 or 4 leaving you adjustment in both directions. Pretty sure we are the only ones taking that approach.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #42
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
ICONRep, if that's how ICON is doing it that is the best way. On and externally adjustable shock you always want the main use of your range in the middle adjustments as most will never use the first and or last "click" or "sweep" or whatever you wish to call it.

Also, do you by chance know how much shock travel you lose with your IFP shocks vs emulsion shocks. I doubt it's very much but there has to be some loss.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #43
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
No worries.....I'm going to make sure you get what you want to know!

I know nothing about how theirs works, from what I am told ours has a broader range of adjustment though. Another thing is how we set it up......we set our standard valving for a said shock, that most are happy with, at number 3 or 4 leaving you adjustment in both directions. Pretty sure we are the only ones taking that approach.
Thanks for the information.

Coming full circle, I'd guess ICON took a look at comparable Fox shocks with their CD Adjuster and had that testing in mind during the ICON design process.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #44
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Thanks for the information.

Coming full circle, I'd guess ICON took a look at comparable Fox shocks with their CD Adjuster and had that testing in mind during the ICON design process.
Actually no...what I mentioned was feed back from some customers that have had their hands on shocks with the CDC for a few months now. The specific relation is 2.0 (Fox) vs 2.5 (ours) and was on a Jeep if that helps. We do have 10 adjustments vs they have 8 on that 2.0 version.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Actually no...what I mentioned was feed back from some customers that have had their hands on shocks with the CDC for a few months now. The specific relation is 2.0 (Fox) vs 2.5 (ours) and was on a Jeep if that helps. We do have 10 adjustments vs they have 8 on that 2.0 version.
10 vs. 8 settings. A new design compared to a competitor's older design. I'm sure Fox is working to improve their own offerings compared to ICON's and the rest of the competition.

Like I said, I have no doubt ICON was looking at their competitor's products. I didn't mean that they were doing anything improper. In fact, I'm certain they go to great lengths to make sure there are no IP or patent infringement issues. It's just the nature of competiton, and customers reap the benefits. Everybody wins.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #46
northern cal is on a distinguished road
northern cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We will have a full breakdown with video explaining how the ICON CDC valve works and the advantages to why you should purchase this option.....keep an eye out for this right after the Holiday break.

Happy Holidays everyone!!
Is this video or breakdown now available? Also wouldn't mind seeing a professional written review(s).
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #47
Direct Representative

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northern cal View Post
Is this video or breakdown now available? Also wouldn't mind seeing a professional written review(s).
We have not put out the formal release, but are preparing that now and some type of video will be apart of this.

As far as a professional write up we do not have control of when something like that will happen, but are working with the guys from Overland Journal on a project that includes the CDC upgrade. We will def keep you in the loop as soon as we see something.....appreciate your interest.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #48
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet.....mine are already getting re-built with this option (in the future)! Might as well right?
Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #49
B11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Why is this taking so long? Call your shock tech on his ext. have him e-send you the appropriate dyno graph and post it. I'm sure they've run these things MANY times and have lots of saved files they could send you to post.

Seriously, this is something that should only take 5 minutes from the time you pick up the phone and call the shock dept. ext. and post it here.

Don't be concerned about making the "numbers" look perfect because they NEVER do. Any dyno sheet that looks to good to be true, always is.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #50
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Sweet.....mine are already getting re-built with this option (in the future)! Might as well right?
I'll bet that's going to be a common upgrade during re-builds. The financial hit from the original purchase will be past, so why not?

B11, I think you're going to hurt your head.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #51
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B11 View Post
Why is this taking so long? Call your shock tech on his ext. have him e-send you the appropriate dyno graph and post it. I'm sure they've run these things MANY times and have lots of saved files they could send you to post.

Seriously, this is something that should only take 5 minutes from the time you pick up the phone and call the shock dept. ext. and post it here.

Don't be concerned about making the "numbers" look perfect because they NEVER do. Any dyno sheet that looks to good to be true, always is.
Why in such a rush? are you going to be buying these?
Old 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #52
B11's Tacoma Gallery
Must be etching those dyno sheets out on a stone tablet. Sheeeshh

Still would like to know how much travel is lost with ICON's IFP shocks vs Emulsion or is that a highly guarded secret too...
Old 03-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #53
northern cal is on a distinguished road
northern cal's Tacoma Gallery
CDC

Has anyone have these yet?
Old 03-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #55
toytac05 is on a distinguished road
toytac05's Tacoma Gallery
icon CDC coilovers.

I'm having the cdc's put on my 2.5 rr rear shocks. DC shocks in azusa ca is doing a rebuild, so I asked to have the cdc's added.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #56
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toytac05 View Post
I'm having the cdc's put on my 2.5 rr rear shocks. DC shocks in azusa ca is doing a rebuild, so I asked to have the cdc's added.
What did they charge for the rears?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #57
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
:O I JUST GOT A BONER!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #58
icon CDC coilovers.

The clip on the driver side deaver cut a gash in the Icon 2.5 rear shock. I called deaver they said cut it off, so I did. Now I need to repair the shock so I called Icon they said the cdc will work on the rears as well. So I had to do it lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #59
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had these coil overs for a few months now and can't speak highly enough of them.. The ability to quickly and noticeably change the ride quality to perfectly fit whatever you are driving on is simply awesome.. Big props to SDHQ for encouraging me to get them
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #60
icon CDC coilovers.

i got my rear shocks today 550 total for cdc's rebuild and replace damaged part. going back on the truck sunday.