Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

icon CDC coilovers.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #61
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTaco View Post
I've had these coil overs for a few months now and can't speak highly enough of them.. The ability to quickly and noticeably change the ride quality to perfectly fit whatever you are driving on is simply awesome.. Big props to SDHQ for encouraging me to get them
this only solidifies my future purchase and upgrades
Old 03-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #62
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I already ordered my 5-8735's with the 700# springs from Metal Tech, as well as the 5-7505's with the spacer removed. Hopefully my LCA skids too and Billet UCA's will all come at once.

BUT! I keep going back and forth on these CDC's!!!????!!!?!!?!?!!

ICONRep, I have hours to make a decision since his sale ends today at midnight. WHat additionally comes with these for a couple hundred dollar increase? IVD coated complimentary? Neoprene coil-over socks?

I want to get the S2 system for my Tacoma in the near future too. Help me out here!

You guys could always sneak the CDC's onto my order and ship them to me that way, I'll put your name all over my truck!
The CDC is the way to go with out a doubt (my I don't work for ICON opinion). I honestly get emails from people saying they want to have their shocks revalved both softer and firmer every week. This is how you can do that your self in 30 seconds by simply turning a knob. Ride is so subjective based on how your truck is equipped, area / ground conditions, how you drive etc., and this is the way to conform to all the factors getting the best ride possible. The feedback I personally have received so far is much like what was said in the post above, "this is exactly what I needed ... I am able to adjust the shocks for my weekly commute on road, and then a quick turn of the knob when I hit the dirt to soak up the rough" that was earlier this week.

Hope this helps....
Old 03-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #63
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
this only solidifies my future purchase and upgrades
Hey dude, you are welcome to take my truck for a spin before you drop the cash.. You'll definitely love them
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #64
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Agree with above.....there's times when I need more compression off road since I'm re-enacting the last baja 1,000 and then I'm crawling a technical trail somewhere the next week and need them softened up some! Who the hell has the time to re-valve everytime they go out?
Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #65
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
...why did I get my Camburgs 4 years ago over Icons
Old 03-18-2013, 11:49 AM   #66
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
I have original Donahoe 2.5" coil overs. Can Icon convert them to CDC and extended travel?

Is CDC available for the Donahoe rear remote reservoir shocks?
Old 03-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #67
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTaco View Post
Hey dude, you are welcome to take my truck for a spin before you drop the cash.. You'll definitely love them
i will definitely take you up on that!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #68
Direct Representative
ICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant futureICONRep has a brilliant future

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Fine - DONE- ordered through MetalTech - I have them and the 5-7805's on order

So what would the model number for the 5-8735's be now? With the 700# Springs and the CDC?

5-8735-CDC ?

Keep an eye out for my order I'd like to install it all as soon as possible! Toss me some of the neoprene covers for the coilovers or turn my rear shocks into CDC too.
It would be 58735C-700

I think you will be very happy with the adjustability of them. We will look forward to your feedback to see if you feel the same way!

Post up a few install picks when you put them on.

Brad
Old 03-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #69
Direct Representative

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You going to hook it up on the rears? CDC? my 57805 minus the spacers? When ordering them from MT/ there wasn't an option for that I was told. I wouldn't mind being a tester for it.

I'll do the install, pics and a review. Might even do a few videos if I can get my mount for the go pro working right.

Any plans to make LCA's? Extended travel LCA's? Lots of companys got them... Would be nice t have a complete system. could even call it a Stage 5 if paired with a full on CDC system, or the S2!
We actually make them and will be on the website next week. There is a stage 5 also that will be on its way up there as well.

Unfortunately there is not an option to just hook it up, but if you get with MT we can get you the 57805C shocks one way or another. Testing has been done with them and sorry to be repetitive from a previous post, but the adjustability is great to fine tune the compression valving to your liking. (We make the 59905 Omega Bypass if you want comp & reb adjustment)

As far as a stock length LCA or Long Travel there is no plan for that at this point. It would be best to stick with what is available, there is some good stuff from a few that work well.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #71
Direct Representative

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a graph that some of you have asked for.....take a look. This was done with the ICON #58730 - 05+ Tacoma Coilover shock.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #73
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
I just shipped out some Ext. Travel RR C/O's with the CDC to a member on here in Texas, they are bad ass! We have more in stock too.

Here is our pallet of Raptor shocks, Toyota was just put out.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #74
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
I just shipped out some Ext. Travel RR C/O's with the CDC to a member on here in Texas, they are bad ass! We have more in stock too.

Thanks for help, great price, and ready to ship!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #75
SVLeonard85 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
SVLeonard85's Tacoma Gallery
So are these the CDC shocks? This is what I ordered from Metal tech, but haven't opened up everything yet. Installing next weekend. I didn't see anything on your website that said CDC.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...Shock-Kit.html
Old 04-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #76
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVLeonard85 View Post
So are these the CDC shocks? This is what I ordered from Metal tech, but haven't opened up everything yet. Installing next weekend. I didn't see anything on your website that said CDC.

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/s...Shock-Kit.html
Those are not CDC equipped, just the standard RR C/O's. You will still be very happy with them though.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #77
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
Thanks for help, great price, and ready to ship!
Thanks Arturo!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #78
mo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant futuremo13 has a brilliant future
Navy: AD2
Name: Marc
mo13's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought some RR C/Os with CDC how are y'all liking em? I'm kinda stoked about it. Went with the icon RR 2.0 shocks extended length and a allpro standard leaf pack out back and the icon tube uca. Y'all have any tips to make the install go smoother?
Old 05-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #79
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
I like them much better then my 5100’s, really no comparison. I still got 5100’s in rear with AAL, but gonna change that in near future. Was thinking Allpro leaf pack as well, but leaning towards Icon 3 Leaf AAL, VS 2.5 RR, & hydraulic bump stops for rear. I guess my plan in the end is to slowly built up a complete S2 Modular system once I finish the rear.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #80
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
So does it cost extra to get the C/O's with CDC? I assume it does but I can't find them listed anywhere on any vendor's sites for Icon.