Notices

icon CDC coilovers.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #101
cr500taco will become famous soon enough

Name: D
cr500taco's Tacoma Gallery
lol... I am n same boat!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #102
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
lol... I am n same boat!
Ahaa I went mid in the back recently with Icons but now i'm regretting it and thinking I should have hopped on these before I did that aha.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #103
Rcc is on a distinguished road
Rcc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
The CDC is the way to go with out a doubt (my I don't work for ICON opinion). I honestly get emails from people saying they want to have their shocks revalved both softer and firmer every week. This is how you can do that your self in 30 seconds by simply turning a knob.
I read that Down South Motorsports offers a custom "low speed valve" job on Icons coilovers for more on-road drivers. Does the CDC valve do the same thing?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #104
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcc View Post
I read that Down South Motorsports offers a custom "low speed valve" job on Icons coilovers for more on-road drivers. Does the CDC valve do the same thing?
Icon's come valved more for Better On-road driving out of the box. Nothing custom. They use a Digressive valving over a progressive set up like fox/king

The CDC valve let's you adjust your compression to soften of stiffen it up.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #105
Rcc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Icon's come valved more for Better On-road driving out of the box. Nothing custom. They use a Digressive valving over a progressive set up like fox/king

The CDC valve let's you adjust your compression to soften of stiffen it up.

I've read so many threads where people complained about Icon's being harsh at slower speeds and that's why DSM started offering the low speed valve tune so more on-road drivers will have a softer ride at lower speeds?

I came across this post from this past January. The OP said that Icon started offering the same low speed valve tune. You said that Icon's come valved more for Better On-road driving out of the box, so is their low speed valving standard now?

"Icon recently standardized a "low speed valving change" option that softens the feel of the shock. I am running these now and like them a lot. I have had the "regular" Icons on three vehicles prior, and like this softer valving much better for my relatively conservative use profile. The only drawback I have noticed is that they don't slow down the vehicle weight shifts as much, but the ride is great."

In that same post, the OP said Icon's CDC valve is for high speed and not low speed? Is that true?

"Most dealers probably are not aware of the option, so you are best served talking directly with Icon if you have questions. I was actually considering remote resi's with clickers just so I could soften the ride. Icon explained that the clickers on the resi's are for the high speed valving, and I would benefit more from a low speed change."
Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #106
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcc View Post
I've read so many threads where people complained about Icon's being harsh at slower speeds and that's why DSM started offering the low speed valve tune so more on-road drivers will have a softer ride at lower speeds?

I came across this post from this past January. The OP said that Icon started offering the same low speed valve tune. You said that Icon's come valved more for Better On-road driving out of the box, so is their low speed valving standard now?

"Icon recently standardized a "low speed valving change" option that softens the feel of the shock. I am running these now and like them a lot. I have had the "regular" Icons on three vehicles prior, and like this softer valving much better for my relatively conservative use profile. The only drawback I have noticed is that they don't slow down the vehicle weight shifts as much, but the ride is great."

In that same post, the OP said Icon's CDC valve is for high speed and not low speed? Is that true?

"Most dealers probably are not aware of the option, so you are best served talking directly with Icon if you have questions. I was actually considering remote resi's with clickers just so I could soften the ride. Icon explained that the clickers on the resi's are for the high speed valving, and I would benefit more from a low speed change."
The way Digressive valving comes (standard Icon out of the box) is that it is a tad bit stiffer for the first few inches of travel, then steps back down get's progressivly stiffer after that. This is good and ideal for DD/ Weekend warrior applications. Where the limited travel needs to be used the best it can. You do not want to blow past those first few inches on every little bump or speed bump. A good valved 9" of travel works very well.

With the CDC option, it does change the internal valving a little bit to work with the CDC valve better. So when you have it free flowing it's getting maximum dampening for hard hits. And when closed off it's softer.

We have a lot of guys that we do installs on that their truck will most likely never see dirt. And we use the normal standard off the shelf valving Icon does per application and there has been 0 complaints. Everyone loves how it actually feels a bit firmer, especially in the cornering aspect.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #107
Rcc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
The way Digressive valving comes (standard Icon out of the box) is that it is a tad bit stiffer for the first few inches of travel, then steps back down get's progressivly stiffer after that. This is good and ideal for DD/ Weekend warrior applications. Where the limited travel needs to be used the best it can. You do not want to blow past those first few inches on every little bump or speed bump. A good valved 9" of travel works very well.

With the CDC option, it does change the internal valving a little bit to work with the CDC valve better. So when you have it free flowing it's getting maximum dampening for hard hits. And when closed off it's softer.

We have a lot of guys that we do installs on that their truck will most likely never see dirt. And we use the normal standard off the shelf valving Icon does per application and there has been 0 complaints. Everyone loves how it actually feels a bit firmer, especially in the cornering aspect.
Thanks for the help!

Icon also replied back to my questions and they said the CDC controls the low speed so the member above that said it controls the high speed apparently didn't understand what Icon was saying. Icon also said (like you said as well) that the CDC valve controls the compression so for now that's all I need to know.

Again, I appreciate the help SDHQ!
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #109
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery

http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/i...valve-upgrade/
Old 04-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #111
Navar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shedNavar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Navar's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the cost to add to a set of 2.5's with no current resi?
Old 04-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #112
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar View Post
Whats the cost to add to a set of 2.5's with no current resi?
Navar,

$845.00 would be the cost. That will include the Remote reservoir upgrade with CDCV and a basic rebuild of a pair of shocks.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #113
cr500taco will become famous soon enough

Name: D
cr500taco's Tacoma Gallery
Can you get the 2.0 rear shock resis with the cdc? I have a 97 4WD Tacoma.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #114
Cuz Stock Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr500taco View Post
Can you get the 2.0 rear shock resis with the cdc? I have a 97 4WD Tacoma.
Currently only available in the 2.5" body shocks
Old 05-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #115
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONRep View Post
Navar,

$845.00 would be the cost. That will include the Remote reservoir upgrade with CDCV and a basic rebuild of a pair of shocks.
What's the turn around time for the upgrade and rebuild?
Old 05-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #116
Direct Representative
ICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shedICONRep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
We do this on Tuesdays and usually get them done the same day. Sometimes there is a bunch to do and if so that could make it run over to Wednesday.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #118
Direct Representative

ICONRep's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
Nice!!!

Post some photos when you can so we can check it out.