1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

icon CDC coilovers.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by scotty225, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Apr 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    icon_rep

icon_rep ICON Vehicle Dynamics Vendor

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    Navar,

$845.00 would be the cost. That will include the Remote reservoir upgrade with CDCV and a basic rebuild of a pair of shocks.

2. May 11, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    cr500taco

cr500taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Northridge
    Vehicle:
    4WD
    Can you get the 2.0 rear shock resis with the cdc? I have a 97 4WD Tacoma.

3. May 12, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    SDHQ OFFROAD

SDHQ OFFROAD Cuz Stock Sucks! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    SALES
    Gilbert AZ
    Currently only available in the 2.5" body shocks

4. May 15, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    What's the turn around time for the upgrade and rebuild?

5. May 15, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    icon_rep

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    We do this on Tuesdays and usually get them done the same day. Sometimes there is a bunch to do and if so that could make it run over to Wednesday.

6. May 15, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    ThomasMore66

ThomasMore66 We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Member:
    Dallas/Fort Worth & Durango
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged 2013 TRD Offroad 4wd
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    My stage 4 is going on as I type this. So excited!

7. May 15, 2014 at 9:06 AM
    icon_rep

Member:
    Riverside, CA
    Nice!!!

Post some photos when you can so we can check it out.

8. May 15, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger, TRD exhaust, Leather seats, running boards removed (why it came with them I cannot imagine), Salex organizers, BAMF behind-the-grill light bar, Rigid SR-20 and SR-Q - Spots mounted behind stock grill, color-matched grill, WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit floor mats, Tech Deck, Avid bolt-on slider/step converted to weld on by TW member Achirdo, Diaz Fabrication Model T, Icon Stage 4 with OME Dakar rear leaf springs, OME Driveshaft spacer, Toytec 1" Front Diff Drop, FN BFD 18"x9" GMG Wheels, BFG KO2 285-65-18 tires, Ultragauge mounted above mirror, Tuffy Box lockable storage, MattGecko rear window security bar, Relentless Fab tailgate protector, CSJumper 700 lumen flood pattern back-up LED's, modified BeeRadd under-hood lighting with two KC Cyclones; KB Voodoo cargo management system and standard rails, AllPro hi-lift jack mount, 48" hi-lift, RCI Metalworks aluminum front skid, Flyzeye 3VP-RS in glovebox and console, AFE CAI, Coupe fuse box cover, battery hold-down bracket and CAI air-box cover, Wurton pod led's installed as bed lights on Lowbrow Customs motorcycle fork brake line aluminum brackets, Pop-n-Lock PL5400, Extang Solidfold 2.0, Rechelon Retro's, Moromoto LED fogs, URD Y-pipe, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Speedhut AFR and Boost gauges, Cravenspeed gauge holder, CMC by Tandem Automotive, 70mm throttle body, CSF radiator, Doug Thorley shorties, Vibrant 7101 cats, SOS Offroad front and rear bumpers, Smoothflow 2.5” SC pulley, Steeda SC belt tensioner, roostfactor belt wrap kit, switch Pro 9100 in custom Tandem Automotive holder, WAT trans valvebody, FIC 650cc injectors, HP Tuner.
    I didn't know CDC existed when I made the order. Seems like a great idea.

9. May 15, 2014 at 6:07 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Rides great. Just wheels and tires now.

10. May 15, 2014 at 6:47 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Maybe I'm inept. Couldn't get pics to load from my iPad.

11. May 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    We'll try this again. The pic in the parking garage is the before. The one in my garage is the after. Then I just had to through a pic in of the Model T. It's been a big week for me. Adult Christmas.

IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_6403.jpg
    IMG_6395.jpg

12. May 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2023 F-150 Powerboost
    I got my original Donahoe coilovers converted to Icon CDC and extended travel. It was expensive but still quite awesome.:D

With the original Donahoe's they were stiff and jittery on the street over little bumps and imperfections. With the Icon CDC valve set to 'S', I can barely feel the little bumps. And they still soak up the big bumps at high speed.

13. May 20, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I have to say, my Icons w/o the CDC still feel great. I have some squeaking from the Dakars that I need to work on, but these things are way nice. I look for bumps to go over just so I can marvel at how well the suspension works.

14. May 20, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    Hans Moleman

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2023 F-150 Powerboost
    Without CDC I'm sure they are fine for most people. For $200 more I wanted to try CDC for myself. I'm glad I didn't skimp out on it. I love having the adjustibility now.

#2 seems to work for me. Perfect all around firmness.

15. May 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM
    cr500taco

cr500taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Northridge
    Vehicle:
    4WD
    Since the CDC is not available in the 2.0 rear shocks for the 1st gens, is the CDC still worth doing on the front, since the back won't be adjustable?

16. May 20, 2014 at 6:29 PM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    No cdc for me. In reality I didn't know it existed when I ordered the stage 4. I think speed bumps are smoother, but my Dakars are pretty stiff so you can get a kick unless you're driving them hard. I came down a really rough paved road on the way home that has been just destroyed by big truck traffic. Limit is 40 and I hit 85 and it was just planted, never got out of shape. I slowed down because there was some traffic coming at me. I need a big open run somewhere.

17. May 20, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    Hans Moleman

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2023 F-150 Powerboost
    I had Dakars before but I found them to be too stiff because usually I don't have anything in the bed. I even removed the 3rd leaf from both sides and they were still too stiff more me unless I had some weight in the bed. I eventually removed the Dakars and had TSB springs installed under warranty and stuck with them. Last week I just installed the Icon 3 leaf AAL and it rides great. The front and back suspension seems to work in harmony now. I know people will think I'm crazy for going from Dakars to 3 leaf AAL but it rides great for me.

The beauty of the CDC valve is I can adjust the low speed dampening so I don't to go extremely fast in order to experience the same smoothness .

18. May 21, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    ThomasMore66

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Clearly the Dakars are better with a load, but my last truck was that way too. Most of the time I drive to work w/o stuff in the bed, but I want the truck to be capable of carrying stuff when I need it. The OR rear leafs weren't designed to carry much stuff.

19. Nov 19, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    How have your rear RR shocks been holding up the past year? I noticed you installed the RR backwards.

20. Nov 19, 2015 at 10:15 AM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    Did you leave the overload leaf in? I'm considering upgrading from a 3 leaf AAL to the Dakar leaf pack but first I want to reinstall my overload leaf spring on both sides and see if it makes any diffrence. Also, did you order the CDC valve for your rear shocks?

Products Discussed in

To Top