Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

need advice from the experts

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Mr.Schertz is on a distinguished road

Mr.Schertz's Tacoma Gallery
need advice from the experts

I want to add some lift to my 5 lug 2008 tacoma. I have read that the spacer lift is a decent option. I plan on throwing some 265's on the stock rims when I do the lift. I have seen the Fatbobs,and Readylift kit but I stumbled upon a pro comp and wondered if this was a good choice. Should I throw on some new shocks as well. Its mainly for looks but I do get the truck off the payment for hunting and fishing and sometimes camping. Please give me your feedback,Thanks.....here is the pro comp kit I found. Pro Comp 65660K 2.75" Front 1.75" Rear Suspension Lift Kit for 5-Lug Tacoma 2WD
by Pro Comp
Be the first to review this item | Like (0)
List Price: $299.95
Price: $214.98 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $84.97 (28%)
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 PM   #2

heres the link for the picture of the kit.http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005GDZQYQ/...SIN=B005GDZQYQ
Old 12-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
If you're not wheeling, then a spacer lift will be fine for you... HOWEVER. DO not go with any single rear add-a-leaf setup as it will become very rough and an undesirable, less controllable ride on the highway. I hated mine with a passion and did not feel safe driving it when everytime I hit a bump, my rear end hopped.

If you want the pucks up front, do the pucks. I recommend something like an Icon rear leaf pack though, maybe the wheelers kits, pretty close to the same thing.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
If you're not wheeling, then a spacer lift will be fine for you... HOWEVER. DO not go with any single rear add-a-leaf setup as it will become very rough and an undesirable, less controllable ride on the highway. I hated mine with a passion and did not feel safe driving it when everytime I hit a bump, my rear end hopped.

If you want the pucks up front, do the pucks. I recommend something like an Icon rear leaf pack though, maybe the wheelers kits, pretty close to the same thing.
Okay good info. So go with a front spacer kit.should I add new shocks to the front? On the rear leaf pack,any particular place to get them? Should I add new shocks to the rear as well?
Old 12-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #5

Anyone,Anyone?(Ferris Bueller)
Old 12-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Sorry I didn't pay attention to the fact you're a 5 lugger. I think for the most it all still applies though.

If you're not going to be doing any wheeling at all, I wouldn't bother with the shocks, your truck is pretty light and I think if you went with Bilsteins or something similar, you may not like the ride.

If the reason behind your decision is all for looks, don't worry about shocks, thats my .02c. The stock ones I hear suck though, so eventually you may replace them due to failure. Hopefully someone else with a 5 lug can chime in.

Products Discussed in this Thread