LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
PLEASE HELP!!!

Lifted my truck almost a month ago...Yesterday I noticed a slight vibration..but not huge. I almost thought it was the tires being stiffer. Then I noticed that under braking from about 40 mph and down, if i shifted into neutrual ( 6 spd) there would be a shudder just before I came to a stop, and it sounded like the drive shaft was still spinning when the other gears were'nt..it was weird. It's still doing it today....any ideas?????
Old 12-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
I'm the first one with this shit....craptacular. I'll let you all know how it works out.......
Old 12-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
I can't really help you out. But free bump for you. Did you install the cb drop and no shims? Try to use some kind of straight edge, maybe a string pulled tight beneath your driveshaft to judge how straight it is.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
What lift?? And as evan said did you shim it up?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
The driveshat is spinning if the truck is moving.
Low speed vibrations are usuall due to drive line angles being out of wack, not equal.
Some lifts change the angle enough to cause tis vibration, possible correction can be shimming the rear end leaf spring to change the diffs angle.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
What lift?? And as evan said did you shim it up?
Looks like he signed off so i will answer for him. He got full OME with dakars. So i think he has the cb drop, but he might have got it from toytec and they might include shims in their OME setup.

Lodi check out this thread for some ideas http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...step-step.html
Old 12-26-2012, 04:18 PM   #7
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, back on.....My buddy and I think we have it. It could be my flywheel. This only happens when im decelerating. If i'm driving and just let off the gas, I get a small vibration. As my speed drops below 40 MPH, the vibe gets more intense.

Now, Say i'm pulling up to a light, and pop it in neutral and coast up to the light, as I brake, i get a vibe, then when I stop it sounds like even tho the rest of the truck has stopped, something is still spinning. I checked the drive shaft at the transfer case, there is no movement. All my wheel weights are on. And the length mid axle to axle is spot on. Could be the fly wheel ( or other clutch issue) as i've had the fly wheel replaced once already on this truck.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
...and my friend just grabbed me...someone either on here or TN had the exact same problem as me, he replaced all 3 u joints. He checked them first, they were tight, but as soon as he took them off all the signs of needing new ones were there. Fixed his problem 100%. I'll try that and see what happens.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant futureOowen has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodi781 View Post
Hey guys, back on.....My buddy and I think we have it. It could be my flywheel. This only happens when im decelerating. If i'm driving and just let off the gas, I get a small vibration. As my speed drops below 40 MPH, the vibe gets more intense.

Now, Say i'm pulling up to a light, and pop it in neutral and coast up to the light, as I brake, i get a vibe, then when I stop it sounds like even tho the rest of the truck has stopped, something is still spinning. I checked the drive shaft at the transfer case, there is no movement. All my wheel weights are on. And the length mid axle to axle is spot on. Could be the fly wheel ( or other clutch issue) as i've had the fly wheel replaced once already on this truck.
Wait... So when you are decelerating it only does it at around 40?
Mine does it too, not exactly sure what it is.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #10
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Check your pinion angle
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #11
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
Wait... So when you are decelerating it only does it at around 40?
Mine does it too, not exactly sure what it is.
yep...and when I went bacvk under my rig and checked the shaft again, theres like 1\2 an inch of play....
Old 12-27-2012, 04:20 AM   #13
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
when I was slowing to a stop, the sound that was being made was like a propeller coming to a stop. I knew that the fly wheel had been replaced twice under warranty, and with the sound it was making ( hard to describe online) We thought it could have been a fly wheel issue. And it still might be. I may have two things going on right now. But the Auto parts store had 3 u-joints left() so I scooped them up and will try to put them in today....
Old 12-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I got them in. Out of the three, the one connected to the rear diff had the problem. It was completely locked in one direction of travel (? don't know if I'm saying that right)... North\south was fine, east\west locked straight, wouldn't budge. I pulled it out, only one of the posts was rusted dust, but i guess it was enough to cause havoc. The others were well lubed, but worn. Took it for a quick ride up the street, and she didn't make any noise and felt solid again. It's amazing what a little 18 dollar part can do to a 30k truck..lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #15

Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #16
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Hey evan...you ever get your lift in?