1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ToyTec ultimate kit??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Jpf8653, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jan 30, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    Jpf8653

Jpf8653 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Revtek 3" lift, Tinted Windows Wheels n' Tires Door Sill Protectors Rockford fosgate P3 shallow w/ alpine mono 500 amp in a MR MARV PORTED box Weathertech floor liner Rear TSB Pioneer 3200BT Double Din touch screen
    New hear and just learning about the toyTec stuff. From what i been reading it sounds good overall. I mainly drive on the road except for hunting season. i then encounter some mud being that i live in south Louisiana, but not extreme. My question is "if i go with the ToyTec ultimate kit will it be overkill for what i am going to be using my truck for?" I mainly want the look but don't want to go cheap and mess stuff up.

If the ultimate kit is overkill what are everyones thought on going 2.5 spacer in front and either an AAL or 1" block in back. Would i need anything else besides these two components or would i need to change some other things?

NEED HELP!!!

2. Jan 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM
    Jpf8653

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Revtek 3" lift, Tinted Windows Wheels n' Tires Door Sill Protectors Rockford fosgate P3 shallow w/ alpine mono 500 amp in a MR MARV PORTED box Weathertech floor liner Rear TSB Pioneer 3200BT Double Din touch screen
    My truck will be a Dbl Tacoma 4x4 when i get it. Just doing research before i buy.

3. Jan 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    The ultimate isn't overkill for your needs. It's a good lift and will ride great. Spacer lifts will ride harsher than the coilovers. It's a good choice as long as you're willing to pay for it... :thumbsup:

PM TW Member 'Neubs' for a Toytec Discount.

and Welcome to TW :wave:

4. Jan 30, 2009 at 3:55 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Welcome-
    And what Del said- Using the spacers isn't going to give you what you are looking for when you DO take it off road- so get the right parts the first time.

5. Jan 30, 2009 at 4:18 PM
    Jpf8653

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Thanks for the greet.

Ok the ultimate kit is going to get me higher than the 2.5 spacer and the 1 inch block im assuming. With that said will 265/70/17 discovery STT look small. I got a local guy trying to get rid of them with only 8000 miles for $500. I want them but not sure how it will look.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

6. Jan 30, 2009 at 4:29 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Nice part about that ultimate kit is that is is adjustable. I'm not sure what the bottom end is- but I'm sure you can get it to look right with the tires...or keep looking for other tires??

7. Jan 30, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    It's recommended that the coilovers are set at 2.5" as to not ride like crap. Those 265s will look good with that lift.

Some folks should have pictures of 265 STTs on their trucks. I had 285 STTs before and they're great tires... :thumbsup:

8. Jan 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM
    Jpf8653

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Will the ultimate kit level me out or will it sit higher in the front ? I plan on bringing those coilovers as high as possible.

9. Jan 31, 2009 at 11:50 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Coilovers set as high as possible will give you a crappy-ish ride... it's recommended to be at 2.5" or lower.

10. Jan 31, 2009 at 7:30 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    The ultimate kit doesn't include UCAs. If you go much higher than 2.5" the camber will be off and it'll be difficult to align.

Are you in a Prerunner or 4x4? If you go too high with a 4x4 kit, it'll put your cv joints at a bad angle causing wear.

Products Discussed in

To Top