Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

ToyTec ultimate kit??

Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
Jpf8653 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
Jpf8653's Tacoma Gallery
ToyTec ultimate kit??

New hear and just learning about the toyTec stuff. From what i been reading it sounds good overall. I mainly drive on the road except for hunting season. i then encounter some mud being that i live in south Louisiana, but not extreme. My question is "if i go with the ToyTec ultimate kit will it be overkill for what i am going to be using my truck for?" I mainly want the look but don't want to go cheap and mess stuff up.

If the ultimate kit is overkill what are everyones thought on going 2.5 spacer in front and either an AAL or 1" block in back. Would i need anything else besides these two components or would i need to change some other things?

NEED HELP!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #2

Jpf8653's Tacoma Gallery
My truck will be a Dbl Tacoma 4x4 when i get it. Just doing research before i buy.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
The ultimate isn't overkill for your needs. It's a good lift and will ride great. Spacer lifts will ride harsher than the coilovers. It's a good choice as long as you're willing to pay for it...

PM TW Member 'Neubs' for a Toytec Discount.

and Welcome to TW
Old 01-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #5

Jpf8653's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the greet.

Ok the ultimate kit is going to get me higher than the 2.5 spacer and the 1 inch block im assuming. With that said will 265/70/17 discovery STT look small. I got a local guy trying to get rid of them with only 8000 miles for $500. I want them but not sure how it will look.

Thanks for the fast feedback.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's recommended that the coilovers are set at 2.5" as to not ride like crap. Those 265s will look good with that lift.

Some folks should have pictures of 265 STTs on their trucks. I had 285 STTs before and they're great tires...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:18 AM   #8

Jpf8653's Tacoma Gallery
Will the ultimate kit level me out or will it sit higher in the front ? I plan on bringing those coilovers as high as possible.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #9
Mayor of TW

Coilovers set as high as possible will give you a crappy-ish ride... it's recommended to be at 2.5" or lower.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
The ultimate kit doesn't include UCAs. If you go much higher than 2.5" the camber will be off and it'll be difficult to align.

Are you in a Prerunner or 4x4? If you go too high with a 4x4 kit, it'll put your cv joints at a bad angle causing wear.