Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME suggestions before I order

Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
sctrd09 will become famous soon enough
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
OME suggestions before I order

So got some cash for Christmas and I want to order the full ome kit. My total plans are 285s for my 2013 trd off road 4wd with 17 inch fuel wheels. First I am going to order the lift and LR UCA's and I will probably have to wait till I get my tax return for the wheels and tires. With that being said I am going to go with 885s up front with the spacer cuz i have a dc, drop diff, aal or tsb for the rear. My question is do i need anything else? Like ext. brake lines or wheel spacers??? Any help or info will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you get the 5mm trim packer for the driver's side and you can skip the diff drop

Are you getting the Dakars ?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
theUtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Sean
theUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get wheel spacers it may cause those tires too rub more
Old 12-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
no need for spacers if you get the wheels with correct backspacing. Skip the diff drop and get a CB drop.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
no need for spacers if you get the wheels with correct backspacing. Skip the diff drop and get a CB drop.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is a cb drop?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
make sure you get 4.00-4.50 backspaced rims with your 285's or you will need spacers
So as long as my rims are 4-4.5 bs I will not need spacers?
Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrd09 View Post
Sorry for my ignorance but what is a cb drop?
Carrier Bearing drop , I believe the OME CB drop part # is FK-29 IIRC
Old 12-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You'll most likely need the CB drop and possibly shims. I needed the CB drop but not the shims but I have a long bed, longer drive shaft. Zero vibes.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #12

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You'll most likely need the CB drop and possibly shims. I needed the CB drop but not the shims but I have a long bed, longer drive shaft. Zero vibes.
I have a DCLB and needed shims
Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I have a DCLB and needed shims
I guess LB's needs one or the other but not both?
Old 12-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess LB's needs one or the other but not both?
I have both
Old 12-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrd09 View Post
So as long as my rims are 4-4.5 bs I will not need spacers?
correct....the issue is the larger/wider tires will rub the upper control arm if you dont have correct backspacing ...if you have any more questions feel free to pm me