Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Couple of simple questions

Old 12-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of simple questions

I installed the Dakar leaf pack today and at full droop the brake lines seem pretty tight to me. I have been told that I don't need extended brake lines until I'm over 3" of lift. Any advise here?

Next, I am getting driveline vibs from about 30-50 mph. I have the carrier bearing drop that I haven't installed yet, but I was curious if this will completely solve the vibs, and if it won't how do I determine which shims I need?

Thanks guys and gals!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
If you are gonna flex it out a lot extended brake lines are a sound investment

You need to check your driveline angles to determine where to shim and how much
Old 12-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If you are gonna flex it out a lot extended brake lines are a sound investment

You need to check your driveline angles to determine where to shim and how much
Thanks OZ!

Found a thread pretty quickly on how to do this (for future searchers)...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...step-step.html