Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

King Coilover w/ NON-adjustable compression VS. adjustable compression

Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
dallas24 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dallas
dallas24's Tacoma Gallery
King Coilover w/ NON-adjustable compression VS. adjustable compression

I recently purchased a pair of King coilovers with remote resis from 4WP (maybe a mistake) and I gave them the part number for the compression adjuster option, which is around $300 more. I have a 6" lift so the CO's were special order and non-returnable. When they came they were the non compression adjustable model. I didn't know this until after they had already installed them. When I asked them about it, because I thought I had paid for the adjustable version, they showed me that I had actually only paid the price for the non adjustable version.

My question is would I notice much of a difference if I had the option to adjust the compression to the softest when city driving and harder for off road use? And is the factory set compression on the non adjustables generally set to somewhere in the middle of the compression range? Thanks for your help!