Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift rear 3.5" without vibes? HOWWW?!?!?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
rIDIN wHEELIEz!!
LuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedLuckeyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cole
LuckeyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Lift rear 3.5" without vibes? HOWWW?!?!?

I'm planning on lifting the rear of my buddies truck 3.5 inches using a 2" 15 degree angle block along with the add a leaf from the icon stag 4 kit (adds 1.5" of lift). Up front Ill be running a mid travel setup with the icon stage 4 kit on top of a set of Camburg spindles riding at about 4.5 of total lift up front. The question is what type of carrier bearing bracket is there that I can use that will allow ,e to adjust to compensate for vibes in the driveline. This is all for my buddy's new truck, I've already gone through this trouble and ended up building a solid one pc driveshaft on my truck and I was never satisfied since I still have a vibe at 50-56 mph. Also the 2" block lift is predetermined and I'm solid on this decision for his truck
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Allpro expo springs with beefed taco cb drop!
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i had a block and add a leaf and went to the expos and i can tell ya they tow better than what i had on there lol
Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Meh..I laugh at the thought of read blocks for any application..

As suggested go with the expo pack. You'll gain 4" of lift and it won't sag out in the long run. I've had my expo pack for almost 2 years now..and they are freaken great to have..they tow my crawler just fine, handle all the weight of my gear while on the trail, and the flex superbly . Add a leaf and blocks will not give you the performance that the expo pack has..

Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckeyTRD View Post
I'm planning on lifting the rear of my buddies truck 3.5 inches using a 2" 15 degree angle block along with the add a leaf from the icon stag 4 kit (adds 1.5" of lift). Up front Ill be running a mid travel setup with the icon stage 4 kit on top of a set of Camburg spindles riding at about 4.5 of total lift up front. The question is what type of carrier bearing bracket is there that I can use that will allow ,e to adjust to compensate for vibes in the driveline. This is all for my buddy's new truck, I've already gone through this trouble and ended up building a solid one pc driveshaft on my truck and I was never satisfied since I still have a vibe at 50-56 mph. Also the 2" block lift is predetermined and I'm solid on this decision for his truck

Well if its etched in stone nothing we say really matters does it ?...
Old 12-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #9
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Meh..I laugh at the thought of read blocks for any application..

As suggested go with the expo pack. You'll gain 4" of lift and it won't sag out in the long run. I've had my expo pack for almost 2 years now..and they are freaken great to have..they tow my crawler just fine, handle all the weight of my gear while on the trail, and the flex superbly . Add a leaf and blocks will not give you the performance that the expo pack has..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dont listen to this guy, he's full of shit !!.....