Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Quietest AAL !

Old 12-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
genrec is on a distinguished road

genrec's Tacoma Gallery
Quietest AAL !

Just wondering what the best quietest AAL is out there. I've run the Icon before, and needless to say although I am runingn all Icon on my new 2013..my 2009 set up//the AAL was squeeky as shit right out of the box..I'd like to avoid that if possible..what other options do i have..I was thinking Wheelers?

Gracious!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Install dictates whether an AAL makes noise or not. Propperly cleaning the spring, and greasing the pads before install reduces the chance of any noise becomming an issue down the line
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
My Icon AAL is quiet... provided I hit em with white lithium grease. Its not the leaves but the clamps on the sides that squeak.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
My Icon AAL has been quiet from day one. I haven't done anything to them since install. I do not use grease, grease catches dirt and will make them loud over time. If anything, use a graphite or other type of dry lubricant at install.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genrec View Post
Just wondering what the best quietest AAL is out there. I've run the Icon before, and needless to say although I am runingn all Icon on my new 2013..my 2009 set up//the AAL was squeeky as shit right out of the box..I'd like to avoid that if possible..what other options do i have..I was thinking Wheelers?

Gracious!
I have had a Wheelers 3 leaf progressive aal installed for 59k with good results. As far as I know they were the first to introduce the 3 leaf progressive aal. Improper installation and lack of maintenance will result in loud leaf packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Install dictates whether an AAL makes noise or not. Propperly cleaning the spring, and greasing the pads before install reduces the chance of any noise becomming an issue down the line

this.... mine squeek when I do not maintain them properly. No aal should be squeaky out of the box if it included the correct pads and was installed correctly. I remember greasing mine before install.