Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

King Coil Question

Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E5 Machinist Mate - USS Downes San Diego Cal.
Name: Nick
Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
King Coil Question

So I got into a group buy for King OEM Performance Series shocks and got front & rears with adjustable reservoirs. I got the fronts with 650lb coils because at the time I had a stock bumper (2010 TRD Sport LB) well I looking to go to a plate bumper and am thinking I should up the compression rate of the coils. Question is what is the correct spring length for these shocks and should I go with 700 or 750?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick54 View Post
So I got into a group buy for King OEM Performance Series shocks and got front & rears with adjustable reservoirs. I got the fronts with 650lb coils because at the time I had a stock bumper (2010 TRD Sport LB) well I looking to go to a plate bumper and am thinking I should up the compression rate of the coils. Question is what is the correct spring length for these shocks and should I go with 700 or 750?
750 will be way to stiff, my kings have 700's with front plate bumper, and 1/4" skids and its a stiff ride,it is cranked up a little bit too much though.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
shweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant futureshweller has a brilliant future

shweller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am running 600# with my apex bumper. The ride is not bad but I need a heavier spring. I called King and they recommended a 650# coil. 700# are for Tundra but many people run them. I donít have compression adjustment on my Kings. To answer your question they would be 3"X14" 700# Let me know if you decide to sell your 650#ís
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
Nick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shweller View Post
I am running 600# with my apex bumper. The ride is not bad but I need a heavier spring. I called King and they recommended a 650# coil. 700# are for Tundra but many people run them. I donít have compression adjustment on my Kings. To answer your question they would be 3"X14" 700# Let me know if you decide to sell your 650#ís
Shweller - I was checkin out your photos and must say, nice job on the Blue Sea panel - Cable shield and shrink wrap clean and nice on bundeling the wires it keeps everything safe, secure and neat. I did the same mod this past summer, this coming summer I'll get the electrical mods wired up. So how much thread is showing on above the spring compression collar? I see your a DC so this might give me a good indication of where I need to be if I knwe how compressed your shocks are.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much thread is showing above the spring compression collar and how much lift has it given you?
Hey man I got your pm. Super swamped at work right now will post pics and answer some questions tonight for you!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #8

Nick54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shweller View Post
I think I'm going to try compressing my 650's to about 1" thread and see how it rides, If I choose to go to 700's I'll PM you first but it probably won't be until spring.