1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tacoma 6" lift questions please help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Prose104, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Dec 31, 2012 at 7:26 PM
    Prose104

Prose104 [OP] Member

Member:
    Have a 2011 Toyota double cap TRD sport. I got a 6" zone offroad suspension lift for Christmas. Zone makes a 4" and a 6", I got my lift installed today and I cannot tell a difference between my lift an a 3" lift. My front spacer measures 4". Can anybody help me and tell me how many inches their front spacers measure on their 6" lift? Also, the traction control light came on and their is a popping noise in the front. It is very bad out of align, could that have anything to do with the popping or with the light being on. I need some serious help. Thanks.

2. Dec 31, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    Prose104

Prose104 [OP] Member

Member:
    Can nobody help me?

3. Dec 31, 2012 at 11:28 PM
    senojeelnodnarb

senojeelnodnarb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD OR, 6-Spd Manual
    Fully De-Badged, Mossy Oak seat covers, Fog Light anytime mod, Custom Bed Light Bar, flowmaster 40 series, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Painted Stock TRD Rims, Custom Plate Bumper, High-Lift Bed Mount, Ballacula Trailer Plug Relocate, Rear Seat Dog Platform, sunglasses holder Switch panel, 2" lift, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, custom sliders, + a shit load more,
    i wish i could help but mines not lifted yet. sorry

4. Jan 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    If I remember correctly the traction controller light and popping is associated with the trucks vsc system. It probably needs to be recalibrated. Should find plenty threads if you use forum search for vsc and calibrate.

5. Jan 7, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    The front spacer on the 4" and 6" is the same both measuring 4". What gives you the extra lift is there is a preload spacer they put between your coil spring and top plate. I have the zone 4" and don't have any popping noise. Check your swaybar and see if it is contacting anything underneath.

Products Discussed in

To Top